Config

More
30 May 2023 00:20 #272467 by Jdog
Config was created by Jdog
Hello again. So I got my base machine config setup to the best of my knowledge. I created a config with plasmac and when I try to launch it attempts to turn on showing the icon and then nothing. When I click on my version in the launch window it tells me there is nothing to show. After hours trying different things I'm at my breaking point with linux. Hopefully it's something simple before I pull the pin on Linux. I have no experience with linux and I'm not sure what I did wrong or where to go next. Any help would be appreciated  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2023 00:46 #272468 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Config
Try to launch it from a terminal and post any error messages.

The last instruction in the section:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.8/html/plasma/plasma...uide.html#_configure

More
30 May 2023 01:25 #272474 by Jdog
Replied by Jdog on topic Config
Hi here is a screenshot for the time being 

More
30 May 2023 02:26 #272477 by phillc54
Screenshot?

More
30 May 2023 13:14 #272496 by Jdog
Sorry I thought I uploaded it but obviously not. Now I tried to launch it again and I do not get any errors. It's like it tries to load and screen goes blank. How do I try launching from terminal. Sorry not sure if I'm doing this right. I only seen one error message and I clicked and saved and tried to upload here but now it's gone. I don't even see it in any saved files 

More
30 May 2023 23:48 #272531 by phillc54
open a terminal and enter:
linuxcnc ~/linuxcnc/configs/config_dir/config_file.ini
where config_dir is the directory that the config lives in and config_file.ini is the ini file for the config

More
01 Jun 2023 00:47 #272618 by Jdog
Hi. Thanks again for the help. When I enter what you had suggested it says command not found. I did try earlier to reconfigure and it told me that there was already a configuration created so im not sure what's next 

More
04 Jun 2023 14:19 #272880 by Jdog
So when I select a machine configuration (plasmac) it just says no details available. What have I missed 

More
05 Jun 2023 07:13 #272931 by phillc54
Without seeing the exact error messages that you get along with the exact command you entered it is difficult to hazard a guess.

More
11 Jun 2023 01:24 #273308 by Jdog
So i tried to re-configure with no luck so i started at create new and went through all the steps again and i entered in terminal what you mentioned previously and finally a page popped up with some errors. I managed to get through some of them however its saying i have an error in the torch on pin. I am using an everlast plasma cutter for now and went with mode 1 in plasmac configuration (not sure if this is the mode i should use). I'm just a little confused with the torch on and arc ok as far as wiring is concerned. I know i need to connect to field output pin so would this be the arc ok 24+ field power to TB6 field output for torch on? and arc ok 24- field power to TB6 field input for arc ok? On the everlast it would be 9 and 10 pinout. Thanks in advance

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds