More
10 Jul 2023 09:22 #275126 by DmitryKV
Hello.
I use a gantry machine for cutting. The KINS section now looks like this:
[KINS]
KINEMATICS              = trivkins coordinates=xxyz kinstype=BOTH
x==joint0 AND joint1, y==joint2, z==joint3
JOINTS                  = 4

On the side of the portal, I put a pipe rotation module. Schematically it looks like this.

Tell me which kinematics will be correct for controlling the tube cutting module? 
It seems to me that it is necessary to apply xyzac-trt-kins - 5 Axis mill (Table Rotary/Tilting). 
In the QTPlasmac GUI, I plan to use axis A. It is in the designer and can be included in the GUI.

I will be grateful for any information.

Regards, Dmitry.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2023 11:52 #275133 by tommylight
You describe XXYZA, but the picture shows XYYZA.
That is 4 axis despite using 5 motors/drives, so no need for any 5 axis kins.
There are several ways to do this, but the simplest for normal users is having the rotary set as X axis, the real X axis set as A axis and setting the home to be in the center of the tube.
This way you have a 3 axis machine that is simple to use, make several configs for different diameters of tube, and start the corresponding one as needed. And use 2D drawings since Z is automated.
That is for round tube, for square tube things get complicated, but work is being done by members of this forum to implement 4 axis cutting in QtPlasmaC, and is in testing now.

More
11 Jul 2023 10:54 #275204 by DmitryKV
Hello.

Thanks for the answer. 
You said: ... but work is being done by members of this forum to implement 4 axis cutting in QtPlasmaC, and is in testing now. Is it possible to install or get test codes? Maybe I can help with testing, and maybe the existing code will be sufficient for my task?

Regards, Dmitry.

More
Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds