QtPlasmac deselects material profile?

More
21 Aug 2023 09:23 #278597 by Hakan
Whenever I do a Single Cut, the current material gets deselected, that is material 0 is selected again.
More precisely, I can select a material, say 2, do the single cut and it cuts with material 2 parameters so that is all good. But when the cut is done, I find that material 0 has become selected. So the next time the cut is done with the wrong (at least wrong in my mind) parameters.
Is this how it is supposed to be? I would prefer the selected material to continue to be selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2023 10:34 #278600 by aabtech
am also having the same problem when ever a try to load a material that has been saved in parameters for cutting it changes from my selected one to temporary gcode i loaded and come back to your selected one after cutting

More
21 Aug 2023 10:35 #278601 by snowgoer540

Is this how it is supposed to be? I would prefer the selected material to continue to be selected.

Yes and no. At the end of a single cut, it calls the method to clear the file (as if you had clicked FILE CLEAR). Part of file clear is to set the material selectors back to zero. So it is by design but it doesn’t have to be, I can also see your point/frustration.

There’s two options for changing it:
1. Don’t change materials if the last program ran was a single cut.
2. Don’t ever change materials on a file clear (whether clicked by the user, or called internally).

My original plan for file clear as a clickable button was to reset the works back to “default”, and clear anything the gcode file had set, so I think I lean towards #1. But I’m also open to suggestion.

More
21 Aug 2023 11:45 #278607 by aabtech
on my machine all the material size has been set from 1mm to 10mm. so what I do is use Sheetcam to generate a gcode and go to QtPlasmaC parameters to change to any size I want to cut but now if I select the material size I want to cut it select and change it when cutting after cutting it comes back to my selected material which is not the way it should be I have been using this method for 2 years.

More
21 Aug 2023 21:31 - 21 Aug 2023 21:34 #278652 by snowgoer540

am also having the same problem when ever a try to load a material that has been saved in parameters for cutting it changes from my selected one to temporary gcode i loaded and come back to your selected one after cutting

on my machine all the material size has been set from 1mm to 10mm. so what I do is use Sheetcam to generate a gcode and go to QtPlasmaC parameters to change to any size I want to cut but now if I select the material size I want to cut it select and change it when cutting after cutting it comes back to my selected material which is not the way it should be I have been using this method for 2 years.

I'm not sure I'm following your work flow. In both posts, it seems to me like you save a material, but have a temporary material in the file you are trying to cut. You are selecting the saved material, but when you run it changes to the temporary material? If so, then that is the correct behavior.

Or are you saying that at the end of the cut file, you want the temporary material to remain selected?

Is it possible for you to post the file you are cutting that displays this behavior? It may also be helpful if you post your material file as well. These might help in understanding your work flow.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2023 21:34 by snowgoer540.

More
22 Aug 2023 01:31 #278667 by snowgoer540

I would prefer the selected material to continue to be selected.

v1.236.286 will keep your material selection after a single cut.

I went with #1 above.

More
24 Aug 2023 15:19 #278871 by Hakan
Tested it, it works as I expect it to work. Realizing that there are other ways to see this.Thanks.
I was doing a number of "Singel cut"s and every other time the wrong material was chosen and it all went wrong. Eventually I remembered to switch back to Material 2 most of the times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: snowgoer540

More
02 Sep 2023 03:04 #279640 by caretech
I'd thought of starting my own thread on this same issue; glad someone else spoke up! I've been annoyed many times with the Default material being selected when I don't expect it to be. I'd have picked Option 2 any day, over #1: Don't ever change materials unless I tell you to explicitly! I wouldn't mind if QtPlasmaC loaded with the same material selected that was in use at last program shutdown. I find the default material to be useless; you always need to select the right material anyhow when doing anything conversational. If the last-used material always stayed selected, there would be a pretty good chance it would be right next time you walk up to the table to cut another item.

At least it won't revert to the default after a single cut any more. That's some progress, and will address some of the annoyance. Thanks for that much!

More
02 Sep 2023 11:26 #279659 by tommylight
I have managed to avoid all this, by being lazy, just saved the default as 3mm thick mild steel plate! :)
That is what i mostly use, so even if it reverts to default, i am close enough, 5mm being max for now.

More
03 Sep 2023 06:41 #279696 by phillc54
I do similar to Tom, 90% of my work is with 1.6mm sheet which for me is material #2 so I have set material #2 as the default.

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds