Incremental mode

More
12 Feb 2024 23:46 #293179 by grijalvap
Incremental mode was created by grijalvap
I'm working with a new plasma project  and the post procesor output the G code in incremental mode, wich have some adventages for the actual user, however when the file is loaded in QTplasmaC it is displayed properly, but when you move the torch to a diferent position (not the home) 
you can start the cutting process whic is ok, but the torch is not following the original drawing, is any way to make the drawing move to the begin point when in incrementalmode?  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2024 02:18 #293187 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Incremental mode
Does setting the G5x offsets by clicking X0Y0 prior to CYCLE START do what you would like.

More
13 Feb 2024 03:43 #293190 by grijalvap
Replied by grijalvap on topic Incremental mode
I was thinking in any automatic way to set the origin to the current point if incremental mode is set in the pre-amble so the drawing is maybe reloaded to the new x0y0 position.

More
13 Feb 2024 05:01 #293194 by phillc54
Replied by phillc54 on topic Incremental mode
I don't know of a way to do it automatically at the moment. Leave it with me and I will see if I can come up with something.

More
13 Feb 2024 12:48 #293218 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Incremental mode
Search for "gcode ripper" it is a small python script to manipulate existing gcode.

More
14 Feb 2024 09:26 #293313 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Incremental mode

I was thinking in any automatic way to set the origin to the current point if incremental mode is set in the pre-amble so the drawing is maybe reloaded to the new x0y0 position.

If it does not have to be 'G91' then you could easily create a custom Mcode with this in it:
G10 L20 P0 X0Y0Z0

This will set the current axis positions to zero (not sure if you need to zero the Z axis on a plasma).

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds