Few Miscellaneous questions

More
05 May 2024 14:13 #299809 by FlaredFins
on the qtplasmac screen I'm sure there is a way to add or see the travel speed while cutting. But is there one already there that im just overlooking?

For the post processor, after a dry run the Z axis moves back to its home position but X and Y dont return to work Zero. Im pretty certain its just a G-code entry in the post processor, but haven't had luck in finding the right entry for that

For material settings in qtplasmac Im getting an error Material does not exist. In sheetcam I'm using Avid-cnc's list for sheetcam and materials are listed as T1-T99 rather its tools but defined as a material thickness. but in qtplasmac the default material is listed as 1000000, what is needed to get these to match up or do I need to choose the correct material for each cut in qtplasmac?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2024 19:35 #299839 by snowgoer540

on the qtplasmac screen I'm sure there is a way to add or see the travel speed while cutting. But is there one already there that im just overlooking? 

Circled in red below:

For the post processor, after a dry run the Z axis moves back to its home position but X and Y dont return to work Zero. Im pretty certain its just a G-code entry in the post processor, but haven't had luck in finding the right entry for that

Yes, this is a post processor thing. Does it need to return back to the starting point? I find at the end of the program, the air is still blowing out of the nozzle and I always move the torch slightly off the work piece so it doesnt splash water from the water table anymore. If it traversed back over all the cut areas after doing this, it would be sure to make a mess. Another thing you could do if you really want to get there is make a button that does G0 X0 Y0.

Otherwise there are a few tutorials on editing post processors in general online. John Saunders made a few good ones on his NYC CNC channel on YouTube. There's generally an "on close" section of the post processor, I look at adding it there if you are really wanting it to return to the start point.

For material settings in qtplasmac Im getting an error Material does not exist. In sheetcam I'm using Avid-cnc's list for sheetcam and materials are listed as T1-T99 rather its tools but defined as a material thickness. but in qtplasmac the default material is listed as 1000000, what is needed to get these to match up or do I need to choose the correct material for each cut in qtplasmac?

You have a few options here. You can use temporary materials, which would export each material you pick based on your sheetcam tools.

You could also export your tools from sheet cam and then import them into qtplasmac. This is what I chose to do a long time ago. It allows me to pick the tool in sheetcam, but any changes I make at the table to the cut settings dont matter since they are saved there. Meaning qtplasmac is my master tool list, and I just use sheetcam to select which material I am using. That way I dont have to remember to make any material setting tweaks to sheetcam too.

Attachments:

More
05 May 2024 20:34 #299842 by FlaredFins
For returning to work zero I just like the gantry out of the way to retrieve parts and with the torch moving to the home position about 7" above the work piece I don't typically get much blow back from the water pan.

I tried the plasmac material import before but was getting an issue on something in the way it imported, so i moved on to something else. Ill go back and look at it to see if I can just deal with it and update as needed.

Just opened qtplasmac and looky there I see it now. lol... I figured I was just overlooking it. was curious because the dry run I did seemed awfully slow since it was set to 200IPM unless qtplasmac uses the default material settings instead of presets in the g-code?

More
05 May 2024 22:19 #299853 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Few Miscellaneous questions
The plasmac postprocessor included with sheetcam has some settings at the top to change behaviour including letting sheetcam control the process or use the qtplasmac materials list (in which case only the sheetcam tool number is used). You can import materials into qtplasmac from the sheetcam tool library with a provided script (refer qtplasmac docs)

Moderators: snowgoer540
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds