Can OpenPNP run on LinuxCNC?

More
07 Jan 2023 14:00 #261166 by yello
Can OpenPNP run on LinuxCNC? I mean not at the same time. Asking because I am aware it's a sort of modified Debian, so wondering if another CNC software will run on it harmonious.
I guess it can, right?

Would be nice to have one PC for the CNC needs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2023 01:00 #261231 by andypugh
LinuxCNC is just another application. It will run on a number of different Linux systems. It is generally distributed with a special kernel on an ISO for convenience, but any Linux software can run on the system that the ISO installs, and LinuxCNC can be installed on any Linux system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
10 Feb 2023 00:47 #264192 by Bari
Replied by Bari on topic Can OpenPNP run on LinuxCNC?
One can also just use LCNC to do what OpenPNP does. I believe when OpenPNP started it was to run on Rpi's and *duinos, but they could have just used LCNC and been off the races with less time and effort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: my1987toyota

More
14 Feb 2023 10:30 #264497 by my1987toyota

One can also just use LCNC to do what OpenPNP does. I believe when OpenPNP started it was to run on Rpi's and *duinos, but they could have just used LCNC and been off the races with less time and effort.

That's pretty much what I did.

More
14 Feb 2023 21:47 #264526 by aabtech
OpenPNP is a cross platform application it can run on Linux I just installed it on my debian 10. Go to there web site and download openpnp.deb package and install it with gdebi.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds