QTPYVCP Info on GcodeEditor

More
15 Oct 2019 14:35 #147933 by billnixon
Where can I find information on the GcodeEditor widget in qtpyvcp? I have dragged the GcodeEditor widget into a frame and added some pushbuttons connected to slots for gcodeeditor below the wwidget. Files from FileSystemTable open in the editor.
Here are some of my problems:

1) Files are not editable.
2) The find function works, but not replace.
3) The "Save As" function does not actually save a new file.

I connected a pushbutton to the slot "setEditable(bool)" but that didn't seem to change anything.

I appreciate your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2019 16:10 #148711 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic QTPYVCP Info on GcodeEditor
if you are trying to edit example gcode programs, such as 3dchips etc.. they are protected and the editor will not change them. try physically saving and renaming them in another folder and retest to see if your gcode editor works. we have it working great in probe basic, you could install that and see how the connections are setup.

More
25 Oct 2019 02:21 #148773 by billnixon
I like the idea of installing probe_basic. I copied the probe_basic directory from home/qtpyvcp/examples to my home directory, and changed the VCP setting in my ini file to probe_basic, but I think there is more to installing than that because Linuxcnc could not find the entry point to probe_basic. What else needs to be done to install probe_basic?

Also, for the editor, I was trying to edit my own g code files that I had written, not locked files.

More
18 Nov 2019 22:57 - 19 Nov 2019 00:03 #150595 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic QTPYVCP Info on GcodeEditor

if you are trying to edit example gcode programs, such as 3dchips etc.. they are protected and the editor will not change them. try physically saving and renaming them in another folder and retest to see if your gcode editor works. we have it working great in probe basic, you could install that and see how the connections are setup.

Does it update with qtpyvcp of is there another branch to sync. My copy doesn't have any signals set for saving the file. I have gotten as far as getting the selected file into the plain text widget

I am able to edit in the gcode editor.

I set a button as checkable and a signal for when toggled set editable and I can edit.

I have not been able to successfully save it
Last edit: 19 Nov 2019 00:03 by Leon82.

More
19 Nov 2019 22:55 - 19 Nov 2019 22:58 #150687 by Leon82
Billnixon I figured it out.(cloned probe basic)

I was missing a signal

The set file name qstring

Gcodeeditor 2 signals

Sorry for the crude pic
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2019 22:58 by Leon82.

More
19 Nov 2019 23:39 #150695 by Leon82
I also had to set the edit button to "checkable"

More
19 Nov 2019 23:49 #150697 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic QTPYVCP Info on GcodeEditor
The latest version should be functional, however some test files in the examples folder are locked and cannot be saved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
20 Nov 2019 00:00 #150699 by Leon82

The latest version should be functional, however some test files in the examples folder are locked and cannot be saved.

Understood,

Save as is working properly for me since adding the signal I was missing

More
25 Dec 2019 18:42 #153201 by billnixon
I was able to install probe_basic and noticed that its g code editor is gcodeeditor_2. Mine is only gcodeeditor and does not seem to have a setEditable slot. While I am editing probe_basic, the QtPyVCP input widget named GcodeEditor drops gcodeeditor_2 with the drag and drop. Unfortunately, when I am editing my gui, the same input widget only gives a gcodeeditor widget, not a version 2. How can I remedy this?

More
25 Dec 2019 20:31 #153203 by Leon82
The reason is probe basic has 2 gcode editors, and when you add the second it puts the _2 after it.

I had to make the button checkable to have it set edit mode on the gcode editor

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds