QtPyVCP - Max_Velocity Override - Button Group Freebie

More
13 Dec 2019 22:48 #152620 by Donb9261
Do you have a TRAJ section in your ini file? If so, what is the value. For this to work you have to have a TRAJ section with MAX_VELOCITY. It is units per second. How do you have your label format set to see the returned value in the UI?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2019 22:57 - 13 Dec 2019 22:58 #152621 by Leon82

Do you have a TRAJ section in your ini file? If so, what is the value. For this to work you have to have a TRAJ section with MAX_VELOCITY. It is units per second. How do you have your label format set to see the returned value in the UI?

Okay let me double-check on that because I was using a SIM, and it could be older.

I'll try it on my machine which was done very recently. I know my status label divides by 60 to get the feed. I'll double check once I get home.

Thanks
Last edit: 13 Dec 2019 22:58 by Leon82.

More
13 Dec 2019 23:01 #152622 by Donb9261
Out of absolute curiosity i am attaching my currently fiddle project.

One is my Linuxcnc config (vcp2_config). You will need to copy the unzipped contents into your linuxcnc/configs folder.

The other is my vcp folder which needs to be placed into your home directory.

Make sure you use my folder structure so all the files are picked up. You may have some issues with my icons as I don't have all in a resource file and pull from local directories. But you should be able to run it just fine.

Remember, all who download this and try it out that it is a fiddle project where i do all my dev before i place it into an actual UI. So it,s ugly. Lol.

File Attachment:

File Name: vcp2_ui.zip
File Size:1,145 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: vcp2_config.zip
File Size:1,235 KB

If this works on your system then it is something with your UI or config.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leon82

More
13 Dec 2019 23:07 - 13 Dec 2019 23:14 #152623 by Donb9261
Here is the label rule for my max_velocity label. It scales to IPM or MMPM. So whatever your settings are. Max_Velocity is UNITS PER SECOND so it is inch or metric agnostic.

If this is not set correctly then you will not see a valid change in the value of the label.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Dec 2019 23:14 by Donb9261.

More
13 Dec 2019 23:22 #152625 by Leon82

Here is the label rule for my max_velocity label. It scales to IPM or MMPM. So whatever your settings are. Max_Velocity is UNITS PER SECOND so it is inch or metric agnostic.

If this is not set correctly then you will not see a valid change in the value of the label.

I'll double check, I was using the plot and label and they both seemed to match. I know it works correctly as I was using while cutting

More
14 Dec 2019 01:42 #152632 by Donb9261
Here is a video of it working. So weird yours is not... :( You will have to unzip it.

File Attachment:

File Name: Widget_Wor....mp4.zip
File Size:704 KB
Attachments:

More
14 Dec 2019 02:38 #152635 by Leon82
[TRAJ]
COORDINATES = XYZA
LINEAR_UNITS = inch
ANGULAR_UNITS = degree
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY = 1.50
MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY = 20.

this is what i have under traj

More
14 Dec 2019 02:54 - 14 Dec 2019 02:56 #152637 by Leon82
Well, now I feel like a horses patoot.

I had a space in front of the action and the only one that didn't have one was zero.

It is working good.

I couldn't try your vcp2 because that's the same name as mine and I didn't want to try and rename them LOL.

My status label is actually reporting rapid override so I'll have to change it.

100 =150 on it
Last edit: 14 Dec 2019 02:56 by Leon82.

More
14 Dec 2019 03:07 #152638 by Donb9261
# ToDo : This may not be needed, as it could be recieved from linuxcnc.stat
    def maxVelocity(self):
        # max velocity settings: more then one place to check
        # This is the maximum velocity of the machine
        temp = self.ini.find('TRAJ', 'MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY') or self.ini.find('TRAJ', 'MAX_VELOCITY')
        if  temp == None:
            log.warning("No entry [TRAJ] MAX_VELOCITY found in INI, using 15ipm")
            temp = 15.0
        return float(temp) * 60

Looks like that is okay too. I duplicated the instructions and created a new set in the same vcp and it works following exactly what I stated. Hmmm...

You may try using my ini file. and hal file. Something is not connected. My code is fully portable for all qtpyvcp versions. And 2.7~2.9 LCNC. Since you already have code base for the number keys (i assume worked) in your mainwindow.py file I assume somehow Qt versions are incorrect and your not getting the correct qml. I am running 5.9.5.

You may try setting your debug level to

[EMC]
MACHINE = vcp2
DEBUG = 0x7FFFFFFF
VERSION = 1.1

The start linuxcnc via the command line to do a trace on any errors being presented via LCNC through the terminal window. That debug level outputs everything so it can be a pain to find.

Once started get your machine )sim) ready. The press each button 1 at atime. Check the terminal for errors. Last entry should be the latest call or error.

Also, check the terminal you did editvcp yourvcpname

If there is a Qt error it will show there.

More
14 Dec 2019 03:16 #152639 by Leon82
I got it working,there was a space in front of the machine.action.

Thanks.

Now I can integrate it into my new vcp

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds