Cant locate ActionButton Name / rules editor

More
01 Aug 2020 05:28 - 01 Aug 2020 17:54 #176753 by TheBigLebowski
Can anybody provide a screenshot of where the ActionButton Name editor is at? I can not for the life of me find it. I can see some more basic options for the action buttons (such as designate as Estop), but nothing more advanced. I am also not sure where the rules editor is located, double clicking an action button brings up a "set options" window but not the rules editor.

Could this be an install problem on my end? For what its worth I had an absolute bear of a time getting qtpyvcp (dev version) installed on mint, there might still be some problems with it.

If it helps, the attached text pad shows the install process. I have been keeping track of it in case I need to do it again.

I am running linuxmint 19.2 with linuxcnc 2.8 (the precompiled version the linuxcnc on it, it was posted on the forum recently) I have seen a couple other users had the same problems using mint and qtpyvcp.

The only error I currently see is Plugin libpyqt5_py3.so not being found. libpyqt5_py2.so is working. I think they are both the same so it shouldn't matter? Install.sh appears to have worked correctly, as it renamed libpyqt5.so to libpyqt5.so_OLD and put the new files in the directory.

EDIT:

I was able to force the libpyqt_py3.so plugin to load, it contains all of the same widgets as libpyqt5_py2 - so that is not the problem

Last edit: 01 Aug 2020 17:54 by TheBigLebowski.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2020 15:26 - 01 Aug 2020 18:07 #176792 by TheBigLebowski
A little more background info.

The reason for all of the changes I had to implement at install was that none of the linuxcnc specific widgets were showing up in qtdesigner. I think these problems are mostly solved, but it seems a couple of things such as the rules editor are still missing

Other users experienced the same issues in these threads.

forum.linuxcnc.org/qtpyvcp/39352-linuxcn...appear-in-qtdesigner
Last edit: 01 Aug 2020 18:07 by TheBigLebowski.

More
01 Aug 2020 15:34 #176793 by KCJ
The screenshots you posted are of Chris' QtVCP, not of QtPyVCP, this explains why you can not find the rules editor.

So it looks like you are still having an issue with getting QtPyVCP installed and working correctly.

Can you please try running `qtpyvcp --info` and seeing what the result is?

If you get a command not found then something is wrong with the basic install, if this prints system info but you still do not see the widgets in designer when running `editvcp mini` then there is an issue with the QtDesigner plugins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheBigLebowski

More
01 Aug 2020 16:01 - 01 Aug 2020 17:55 #176794 by TheBigLebowski
Edit: Wow, I didn't even notice that wasn't qtpyvcp.

It looks like I was missing

python-pyqt5.qtquick
and
python3-pyqt5.qtquick

Installed both, found via package manager

editvcp now works and displays all the linuxcnc specific widgets

I still get notified of an error when opening mini via "editvcp mini" , but I think that is because one of the widgets has old/outdated info tied to it.

[qtpyvcp-designer.widgets.base_widgets.base_widget][ERROR] Error evaluating rule: settings:touch-probe.calibration.x (base_widget.py:144)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/nc/qtpyvcp-master/qtpyvcp/widgets/base_widgets/base_widget.py", line 140, in registerRules
triggers.append(chan_obj.notify)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'notify'

For Ref

nc@nc-VirtualBox:~$ qtpyvcp -i

QtPyVCP Info
Version: 0+unknown

LinuxCNC Info
Version: 2.8.0~pre1

Qt Info
Qt Version: 5.9.5
Qt API: PyQt5
Qt API Version: 5.10.1

System Info
Description: Linuxcnc Uspace Powered by Linux Mint 19.2 Tina
Kernel: 4.19.106-rt44-lcnc
Version: #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Mar 5 00:02:34 AEDT 2020
Ram: 1.0 GB

CPU Info
Vendor ID: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Architecture: x86_64
Physical Cores: 1
Logical Cores: 1

Network
Hostname: nc-VirtualBox
IP Address: 127.0.1.1
MAC Address: 08:00:27:6f:8b:15
Last edit: 01 Aug 2020 17:55 by TheBigLebowski.

More
01 Aug 2020 16:10 #176795 by KCJ
Excellent!

I guess python-pyqt5.qtquick is missing from the requirements list. I'll add it when I get a chance.

Yes, the touch-probe.calibration.x setting is not defined in the standard YAML file, I guess it snuck in to the mini VCP when I was testing something. Oops ...

Cheers,
Kurt

More
01 Aug 2020 18:02 #176805 by TheBigLebowski
I edited my previous posts in this thread to avoid any confusion if someone else is having similar install problems.

For reference, the attached text file shows the exact steps I took to get qtpyvcp up and running on mint 19.2
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, KCJ

More
05 Aug 2020 19:33 #177415 by TheBigLebowski
I am still having a minor problem that I cant figure out.

The GcodeEditor widget has something wrong with it. It is defaulting to an all black background, directly changing its stylesheet has no effect on it.

The Brender sample vcp has the same problem, so it is not stylesheet related.

The VTKbackplot widget works fine, so I don't think it is a graphics problem, although it will not except any background changes. (but i dont think it is meant too?)

More
07 Aug 2020 11:58 #177599 by KCJ
You need to change the background color of the Gcode editor in the UI file.
The current Gcode editor is based on Scintilla, which is a non native widget so does not support style sheets. I have been working in a completely new gocde editor based on a QPlainTextEdit which will solve many of these problems. its mostly working if you'd like to check it out.

github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp/blob/QPlainTe...s/gcode_text_edit.py
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Feb 2021 19:51 #199101 by RBC
Hi-
I see that you are able to show the extends on the vtkbackplot. Can you explain how this is done. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds