Probe Basic Conversational Gcode

More
11 Sep 2021 08:52 - 11 Sep 2021 11:34 #220203 by robertspark
I am having a poke around with Probe Basic and have got it to load qtpyvcp, probe Basic, Conversational Gcode, and the lathe and mill Sims.

I was wondering if there was an idiot's guide (or if one could be created maybe ) to the conversational gcode bit within Probe Basic (teach a man to fish....)

I've had a skim through the qtpyvcp documentation, and also through the various git repositories and cloned the python3 branches (as I'm running debian11 and compiling linuxcnc debs from git master)

any guidance would be appreciated as I can see the benefits of conversational gcode to just doing the simplest of tasks (and it was pathpilot for lathe that attracted me to linuxcnc (and I have the usb of))

but I was wondering how I could assist in the conventional gcode bit?

also I was wondering how I could contribute to the documentation for qtpyvcp + Probe Basic as I see the links have github.io in their links but am not sure where the repository is for the documentation that I could post pull requests for python3 as they are presently structured for stable linuxcnc < 2.9

kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/index.html
www.qtpyvcp.com/

is there a way that the documentation in the above links could be somehow related to branches.... that way wer could work towards python3 and those that may wish to run master can install directly from the right branch (which I figured out) and have all the dependencies python3 related (which isn't that difficult and is straight forward once youve done all the other things a few times....)

thanks

Answered my own question (the 2nd part) .... look in the qtpyvcp/docs and or probe_basic/doc_src folders cloned from github
+ built the html files using / following sphinx install 

github.com/kcjengr/probe_basic/tree/master/docs_src
github.com/kcjengr/qtpyvcp/tree/master/docs

Last edit: 11 Sep 2021 11:34 by robertspark. Reason: answered part of my own question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2021 13:23 #220219 by Lcvette
Robertspark,

I would love to have some people rekindle Probe Basics development! The existing mill conversational was done by another contributor who wrote it in python. what is there looks and functions fantastic, i am super happy to help with graphics and gui work for styling and fitment but the python coding i'm not proficient with. If you would like to join the chat it is a great place to communicate in realtime while collaborating on development!

matrix.to/#/#qtpyvcp:jauriarts.org
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, robertspark

More
11 Sep 2021 16:34 #220231 by tommylight
Clicking on the "thank you" button is about all i can do right now, sorry.

More
11 Sep 2021 17:32 #220235 by robertspark
Are you snowed under with work?

More
11 Sep 2021 18:04 #220241 by tommylight
Building 6 machines, learning 3D design to do parts for those machines, 3D printing those parts for those machines, building another 2 small 3D printers and 1 big one, working on 2 shops alone as i can not find someone useful to employ, .......

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds