Probe working wrong way in Probe Basic

More
26 Nov 2021 14:03 #227651 by icy
Hello,

i am struggling around with my 3d Probe and Probebasic, the probe is working and is triggering when hitting an item. But if i try to use an probe script, the probe is moving the wrong way. example: i use the script to measure an block, from -x to +x  ( the Field with the cursor on the picture )
The probe is situated in the middle of the block.
If i start the script, now happen
Probe goes down on z and touch the surface, that go 3mm up and than travel to -x, puts the probe down to -z2 and than move the cursor to the right and touch the block.
Until here everything seems to be correct, but now the probe moves further to the left and trys a new hit ( normally the probe should go to left and moves back in left direction until it hits the block)

I ve tried a many numbers  of the probe parameters, but nothing worked correcly.

May be someone have an idea, where to can look the mistake, 

best regards

Chris

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2021 04:28 #227871 by Lcvette
Did you enter a hint for the part dimensions?

More
29 Nov 2021 06:59 - 29 Nov 2021 07:01 #227873 by MoshKopp
I also think that the value was not given in the hint field, but I didn't set it at the beginning because the field looks like you can't enter anything because it's so gray. Just click in the hint field and give a value.
Last edit: 29 Nov 2021 07:01 by MoshKopp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
29 Nov 2021 21:12 #227950 by Lcvette
Please see image below:

Attachments:

More
07 Jan 2023 22:11 - 07 Jan 2023 22:12 #261206 by jay.perez1

Please see image below:

I apologize for reopening this old topic but had the same issue recently and wasn't sure how to address it until I found this post.

Regarding using the 'HINT' area to input these values; are there any instructions for the Probing function that includes this, and other, information ?

The existing help files are nice but don't include all of the different settings.

Thanks !

Jay

Last edit: 07 Jan 2023 22:12 by jay.perez1.

More
08 Jan 2023 00:36 #261225 by Lcvette
There are not at the moment, the hint input I think and maybe the edge angle are what is missing from memory. I haven't had about of time to add what's needed, maybe 2023 I will find a few skate moments to get to it.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds