No module named 'minigl'

More
28 Jun 2022 21:48 #246109 by bcorley
I am trying to convert my qtpyvcp app from linuxcnc 2.8 and debian 10 to run on linuxcnc 2.9 and debain 11.  I  get this error when I start it up
File "/home/cnc/dev/qtpyvcp/qtpyvcp/widgets/display_widgets/gcode_backplot/glcanon.py", line 19, in <module>from minigl import *ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'minigl'

Apparently, the module minigl.so was not created during the linuxcnc or qtpyvcp builds and I don't know how to go about installing or compiling it.  Can someone please shed some light on this?

Thanks,
Butch Corley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2022 22:41 #246228 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic No module named 'minigl'
It looks like 2.9 does not use minigl.

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/search?q=minigl&type=commits

You might need to update something, though I am not sure what....

More
30 Jun 2022 07:42 #246252 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic No module named 'minigl'
Suggest you edit your UI and change the backplot to VTK and remove use of older (Axis style) back plot.

Cheers.

More
06 Jul 2022 12:59 #246711 by bcorley
Replied by bcorley on topic No module named 'minigl'
The VTK backplot has several limitations making it unsuitable for our plasma cutting application. For instance, there is no event for clicking on a line and returning the line #. Also, there doesn't appear to be any true 2 dimensional (X,Y) visual display. Further, I was able to modify the canon associated with the gcodepackplot so that I had crosshairs instead of a cone.

If I can't get the missing minigl issue resolved, I will most likely have to completely redo my GUI on a different platform such as QTVCP as it seems to have a more comprehensive backplot available. Unfortunately, for me, that is a ton of re-work since nearly all of the custom widgets are different, not to mention python handler file changes, postgui hal changes, and file location / system setup differences. But, hey, good practice, right?

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds