Probe Basic Error: Probe tipped during none probe move

More
20 Jan 2023 16:48 #262504 by anton610
Hello,
i try to probe in boss and pocket mode and always get the error: Probe tipped during none probe move
after the probe made a few probing movements.
Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks!
Best Regards anton
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2023 16:56 #262505 by tommylight
Try inverting the probe input pin, Probe tipped during none probe move can be caused by that.

More
20 Jan 2023 17:13 #262507 by anton610
Hello,
thanks!
when i invert the input pin, probing does not work.

the half or a few more moves of the boss probing routine works, then i get suddenly the error.

best regards anton

More
20 Jan 2023 18:37 #262513 by spumco
Try slowing down your probe fast feedrate and see if that helps.

Another option would be to start Halscope and watch the probe-in pin.  See if it's going high when the machine complains - perhaps program some G0 short back and forth motions to see if the probe trips.

I've had probes that were very sensitive to machine jerking and would trigger at direction changes.

Not sure how to do this, but if it's machine jerk triggering the probe it'd be nice to have a slightly lower machine accel setting during probing.  This would, of course, result in greater probe over-run, and you'd need to do the math to make sure the machine could still slow down fast enough not to bend the probe.

More
20 Jan 2023 19:21 #262520 by Lcvette
you can also install a heavier spring, or shim the existing spring so it has a little more stablility on the tripod during moves. routers with moving gantries are a bit more sensitive to false probe triggers as the probe is moving in more than just the vertical z direction. if this is a traditional mill type, try securing the machine so that it does not shake during table and saddle movements.

More
21 Jan 2023 07:14 #262558 by anton610
Hello!
Thanks for the inputs!
I get the error only at the last few mm, before the probe tips the workpiece. During the fast moves i get no error. Really crazy problem.
And sometimes it works. Yesterday after 15min of boss probing it worked but i had to repeat it a few times.

Thanks!

More
21 Jan 2023 12:35 #262574 by Lcvette
May also be electrical noise. I don't use the slow orbs myself, I just calibrate at the higher speed of about 8ipm and set my step off widths a little tighter to speed things along. I still probe within a tenth or two (0.0001"). As long as you calibrate at the same speed you probe, it's usually very accurate. Sometimes slow probe can cause the contacts to bounce without a clean signal break and that can cause headaches.

More
22 Jan 2023 09:40 #262650 by anton610
Thanks!
I'll try it.
Best regards
Anton
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds