Probe Basic Contour ShuttlExpress

More
13 Apr 2023 04:20 #268956 by Mike Connelly
A search here didn't turn up anything, so, can anyone tell me if they've been able to get a ShuttlExpress working as a jog wheel in Probe Basic?

If not, any suggestions for a good simple jog wheel, either USB or hardwired to a 7i76e? 

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2023 13:58 #268971 by Lcvette
I have the radio style with hardwired receiver from XHC and I couldn't be happier. I just have the most basic unit and if i had my druthers, i would opt for a feedhold button and a mode change button to switch between manual and auto mode in linuxcnc. but other than that i have been extremely impressed with the performance, battery life, durability (these things feel like very high quality units and come with a high quality molded rubber protective case. feels very sturdy in your hand and not cheap like the USB models (which i also have one of). the wireless aspect is fantastic and the delay on the radio model is non-perceptible to me. i have 3 of them, one for my big mill, one for my little mill and one for my converted lathe. the lathe is the slowest and i did some hal magic to accommodate to avoid the pulse stack-up on the slower axis'. the big mill is the fastest and it runs fine at full speed with not transition from pulse to velocity mode. but wither way i have hal for both of them and can verify they work fantastic with probe basic.

www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Wireless-...otSpots_1338008129.0

More
13 Apr 2023 22:28 #268992 by Mike Connelly
If I don't get a direct hit on my ShuttleXpress question I'll be looking at the XHC products. Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for sharing your thoughts and experience with the XHC wireless solution. If I go that route could I ask for copies of your hal incantations?

Thanks!

More
13 Apr 2023 23:06 #268993 by Lcvette
Sure, it's a self contained hal file so all you need to do is do in your config folder and change the card name and input pins used.

File Attachment:

File Name: mpg.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
14 Apr 2023 17:11 #269011 by Mike Connelly
Thank you very much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
16 Apr 2023 04:30 #269188 by Lcvette
Sure thing, happy to help!

More
16 Apr 2023 10:36 - 16 Apr 2023 10:37 #269206 by rodw

Sure, it's a self contained hal file so all you need to do is do in your config folder and change the card name and input pins used.

File Attachment:

File Name: mpg.hal
File Size:2 KB

There are quite a few more features you can pack into the XHC 433 MHz wireless pendant. This is still a work in progress but you can make the yellow button select the correct mode, use the spare axis controls (it has 6) for overrides etc and use the top row intelligently (which I have not nailed yet)

File Attachment:

File Name: pendant-V1.hal
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2023 10:37 by rodw.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds