Creating ATC carrousel from scratch (documented with CAD models)

More
07 Aug 2023 23:59 #277291 by Marcodi
Here is my next update of a complete parametrical design of a toolchanger, upon change of the toplevel assembly variables, you should be able to create a toolchanger from 6 to 120 tools on disc. You can play around with the variables, distance between toolholders, ratio genevawheel and disc, etc, basically this is a base design ( standing model) for anyone who wants an easy to machine toolchanger. in case of hanging design, geneva wheel and toolchange disc should be inversed. This could be easily done by first creating the amount of pockets you need parametrical and than save the seperate bodies and make small manual changes so the bearing fits again in the plate.

Next update will be, making the driving wheel independant of the geneva wheel so simulations can be done, but that is for the next update.
After that i will add the stepper motors to be used, taken into consideration the size of the wheel and its weight, to show a proportionate stepper with sufficient torque to drive this easily.

I hope i can help some people out in saving them a lot of design time. using easily available parts, and easy to machine parts.

Needed: Solidworks 2020

File Attachment:

File Name: Toolchange...8-07.rar
File Size:1,532 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Iso30toolholder.rar
File Size:509 KB

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2023 20:48 #279026 by Marcodi
Hey all,

I am currently finishing the whole toolchanher with dust cover and automatic opening of the protective case. Fully parametric BUT I see that as of know the probe basic GUI only goes to 24 tools. Could someone with good knowledge of this update the GUI with options up to 36 or more tools. This way anyone who wants to create a toolchanger could use the design I made ( Geneva drive) with all components to buy described and as cheap as possible with the amount of tools as wanted. I think this would be a nice upgrade to linuxCNC as a whole.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
03 Sep 2023 19:12 - 03 Sep 2023 19:18 #279756 by Marcodi
I need some help.

I have completed the entire design but know i get into the sensor part. I would need some help to determine what kind of sensors i should be installing and where exactly they should go. I hope someone could come up with sensors to be used on the geneva wheel and the toolchangedisc to find out if tool is in holder, what number or toolslot we have and so on, ....

See here the pictures of the current design, which will be a 36 tool changer based on geneva in my case, but as i said it is parametric. After having placed the correct sensors i will update the file with all solidworks design files. I will share the link to GRABCAD, as the filesize is becoming to big to be allowed upload here.

I am counting on you guys to help me out here, as i still don't know exaclty what sensors are needed for the Probe Basic Interface to work. Thanks in advance

The entire design is a fully housed toolchanging station based on Geneva Drive to go in combination with Probe Basic GUI. All items used can be easily bought or ordered from AliExpress, ( component links will follow ). automatic opening of the lid for toolchange to prevent dust to easily enter the tools. Can be modified from ISO 30 to any other type by simply changing the needed spacings per toolholder and replacing 1 component in the design. Design could be placed on sliding rails to bring it in or out. The desing could be used hanging aswell by continuing the shaft through the dustlid and use appropriate bearings to allow the shaft to continue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2023 19:18 by Marcodi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aciera, hairy

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds