Probe basic—Help with a few issues

More
30 Nov 2023 02:59 #286833 by Mayberry Customs
Ahh now that you say that I am using auto tool measurement to tool set every tool which is done by remapping the M6. Something I carried over from gmocappy. I have a proper bt30 spindle now but I continue to use the auto tool measurement method because it works so well. So what’s going on i think is a z offset is created when it sets the difference between the “reference” tool which in my case is a probe to the tool doing the cutting. So this method works perfectly in reality but the display just doesn’t correlate because of that offset I guess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2023 03:02 #286834 by Mayberry Customs
Yeah that would be great to have some options like that…I guess I’ve kind of given up on the arrow key thing, good reason to buy a proper jog pendant and get that set up I guess!

More
30 Nov 2023 04:44 #286838 by Lcvette
honestly i think keyboard controls should 100% be rooted in linuxcnc and be made an ini config setting. trying to thwart the underlying base code seems silly to me. it should be directly tied to linuxcnc core functionality and made user configurable for disabling keyboard jogging especially. this latest 2.9/bookworm update i did on my big machine scared the heck out of me when i went to enter a tool number in and the machine went zipping in z axis. what's worse is numlock light is ON at startup but ignored for some reason. i made a post somewhere the other day and forgot about it, need to find it..lol

More
30 Nov 2023 12:36 #286865 by spumco

honestly i think keyboard controls should 100% be rooted in linuxcnc and be made an ini config setting. trying to thwart the underlying base code seems silly to me. it should be directly tied to linuxcnc core functionality and made user configurable for disabling keyboard jogging especially.

I agree, but I'm starting to think it's not possible to approach it that way.

LCNC responds to python scripts so that a whole host of functions work - remapping, GUI functions, etc.

I've got no idea how you could modify LCNC to reject only keybinding or keyboard settings coming in through a python command.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds