Probe Basic not completeting install on two new computers

More
07 Jan 2024 16:51 #290114 by mrichard
Here are the errors I am seeing, everything went great until the last two actions didn't. I re-installed twice and followed the instructions to the letter I believe.  Axis works OK. Kindly need help.
Thanks, Michael

mike@HPStudy:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i python3-qtpyvcp_4.0-45.dev_all.debSelecting previously unselected package python3-qtpyvcp.(Reading database ... 180171 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to unpack python3-qtpyvcp_4.0-45.dev_all.deb ...Unpacking python3-qtpyvcp (4.0-45.dev) ...dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python3-qtpyvcp:python3-qtpyvcp depends on python3-distro; however:Package python3-distro is not installed. 

mike@HPStudy:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i python3-probe-basic_0.5.3-216.dev_all.debSelecting previously unselected package python3-probe-basic.(Reading database ... 180559 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to unpack python3-probe-basic_0.5.3-216.dev_all.deb ...Unpacking python3-probe-basic (0.5.3-216.dev) ...dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python3-probe-basic:python3-probe-basic depends on python3-qtpyvcp; however:Package python3-qtpyvcp is not configured yet. dpkg: error processing package python3-probe-basic (--install):dependency problems - leaving unconfiguredProcessing triggers for fontconfig (2.14.1-4) ...Errors were encountered while processing:python3-probe-basicp { line-height: 115%; margin-bottom: 0.1in; background: transparent }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2024 17:42 #290121 by Lcvette
is there a reason you are installing using the deb install method? it is much better to utilize the apt installation. simply download and install the latest linuxcnc iso download and once installed and you can open axis, run the following commands in the main terminal:

sudo apt install python3-qtpyvcp

wait for it to complete and then run:

sudo apt install python3-probe-basic

should go off without a hitch. the deb installation is more for guidelines for installing user edited versions they create their own deb files for using the development installation.

hope this helps!

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
07 Jan 2024 18:12 #290126 by tommylight
@mrichard
No double posting, makes a mess for members trying to help you as it makes it very hard to follow what has already been replied to.
The other topic deleted, there were no replies there.
Thank you.

More
07 Jan 2024 18:36 #290130 by mrichard
I simply followed the instruction here:
kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start.html
Am I using the wrong stuff?
Thank You for your help, Michael

More
07 Jan 2024 19:19 - 07 Jan 2024 19:19 #290133 by dpslwk
kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start_apt.html

is most up to date instructions

or the step Lcvette posted above
Last edit: 07 Jan 2024 19:19 by dpslwk.

More
09 Jan 2024 14:21 #290274 by mrichard
Got everything installed OK after using the right package. The initial problem was created by the link that points to second package in the list. Suggest that the link pointer be modified to the first package in the list. Many thanks for the help.
Michael

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds