ATC Tutorial?

More
09 Mar 2024 14:14 #295515 by B.Reilly01
ATC Tutorial? was created by B.Reilly01
Is there a simple ATC Tutorial?  I have a 12 pocket carousel style changer.  I'm attempting to pick apart the sim_vmc for the pins and components I need, but I'm getting very confused with the drawbar.  I think I figured out the carousel, but I'm not sure.  Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2024 10:13 #296041 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic ATC Tutorial?
Ikeep meaning to write one, but I am rather hampered by never actually having owned an ATC.
(However I did write the Carousel component and have worked on setting up a couple of ATCs with LinuxCNC)

Generally I would suggest using a remapped M6 to handle the axis and actuator motions in G-code. It's not the ideal programming language but it makes abort behaviour cleaner (as the ON_ABORT routine will be called)

Look at the subroutine in the sim_vmc for an example of how to interlock actuators and limit switches.

More
06 Apr 2024 16:05 #297691 by Lcvette
Replied by Lcvette on topic ATC Tutorial?
the best thing to do is to layout your atc mechanical setup for indexing the pockets, this will help you determine which method is best to control the platter position.

then list out all of your sensors, then compare them to the subroutine file connections.  its hard to go much further helping wihtout more information on your part.

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds