Expose pins for Probe Basic jog buttons

More
17 Mar 2024 09:20 - 17 Mar 2024 09:22 #296111 by Unlogic
Would it be possible to expose pins in Probe Basic for the jog buttons highlighted on the screenshot below?

The reason for wanting this is that it would allow me to use the physical jog buttons on my control panel (bottom left on the photo below) to jog the machine while at the same time being able to use the very nice jog settings for increment, speed etc in Probe Basic.

I realize that this could probably be done using QTDesigner to create a custom version of Probe Basic where all the on screen jogging stuff is removed and add new jog settings that affect halui.axis.jog-speed, halui.axis.L.increment pins are added.

However after giving this some thought I've come to the conclusion that from a long term maintenance perspective it would be much simpler to just expose pins for Probe Basics own jog buttons as that would remove the need for a custom version of the code which greatly simplifies future updates.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2024 09:22 by Unlogic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2024 13:11 #296132 by tommylight
Have a look at what pins pendats use to jog the machine, use those, i would avoid using GUI pins for jogging.

More
17 Mar 2024 15:20 #296144 by Unlogic
I assume most pendants use the normal hal pins. That works great for them as they include buttons for selecting jog speed, step size etc.

My goal here is to avoid having to add physical buttons for those settings and use the settings on the touch screen instead.

More
04 Apr 2024 06:32 #297559 by zmrdko

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds