Is there a way to limit my z axis speed on the fly in QtDragon?

More
10 Mar 2021 16:35 - 10 Mar 2021 16:42 #201663 by turbostew
Hello All,

On my big 5x10ft router, I often change feed rate a lot. Problem is, I really wish to only change the XY feedrate and leave the Z feed alone. Even better would be a separate slider for Z feed limit. This slider would cap the Z feed rate but not the Z rapid rate. Question is more pertaining to the right method (if even possible) to do this in the control and less about the GUI, but happy to have help on both. I would be happy with a constant Z feed limit in the INI or wherever for now.

Thanks,
Kent
Last edit: 10 Mar 2021 16:42 by turbostew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2021 21:57 #201729 by cmorley
As far as i know there is not way to change the feedrate of an individual axis in a running program separately of others.

You can set different upper limits for individual axes in the INI but not really the same thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: turbostew

More
14 Mar 2021 12:46 #202207 by hottabich

Hello All,

On my big 5x10ft router, I often change feed rate a lot. Problem is, I really wish to only change the XY feedrate and leave the Z feed alone. Even better would be a separate slider for Z feed limit. This slider would cap the Z feed rate but not the Z rapid rate. Question is more pertaining to the right method (if even possible) to do this in the control and less about the GUI, but happy to have help on both. I would be happy with a constant Z feed limit in the INI or wherever for now.

Thanks,
Kent

Try it as an option for slowing down in Z. Place the UI file in the configuration folder and run qtdragon_xyza. If you like
I think you can easily create an additional fast / low button with the desired deceleration factor.
Attachments:

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds