A couple of errors during update 2.8.2-130-g87f66feaf

More
28 May 2022 22:41 - 28 May 2022 22:45 #244079 by JohnnyCNC
I am running 2.8.2 and using QTDragon.There was an update today that failed. Images attached.  In the last two updates there has been an error in file_manager.py. The error is on line 160 and is not at a recognized indent.  I moved it over one space and that corrected the problem and allowed LinuxCNC to start.  The other error where the post install script failed is what I think might be causing the symptom I am having but I am not sure. At various times I cannot switch from auto back to manual.  This will happen consistently after E-Stop is pressed.  I am testing my M6 remap.  I load a file and hit cycle start.  The tool goes to the tool-setter and gets measured and just before it starts to cut the part I hit E-Stop so I can check the Z height.   AT this point I can't jog because the machine is stuck in auto mode. I did try to reinstall the package but that made no difference.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

[color=

Thank You
John[/color]
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 May 2022 22:45 by JohnnyCNC. Reason: Formatting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2022 23:22 #244081 by cmorley
there was a push to fix a jogging issue that had something to do with changing lnuxcnc mode.
IIRC they made it not possible to change mode (manual to MDI etc) while jogging.
I'm not sure how they decided it was jogging.
I not sure the fix was tested with anything but AXIS.
Does this sound likely?

The indent problem i can fix if it is still a problem.

The error dialog holds the most import details at the bottom - so it's not that useful unless scrolled. if you select abort it will print the error to the terminal, which is easier to see the whole thing.

More
29 May 2022 00:02 #244087 by cmorley
I pushed a fix for the indent problem. sorry and thanks.
If you run linuxcnc from a terminal, do you see:

Machine must be ON and in Manual mode to jog

message when having problems?

More
29 May 2022 03:17 #244092 by JohnnyCNC
Thanks Chris,

I just notice the update a few minutes ago. The update worked without issue and seems to have corrected both problems.

I didn't notice that message but the machine was on and I was trying to switch to manual. I also saw it get stuck in MDI mode a couple of time.
I was running from the terminal and I did see some messages about jogging but didn't pay much attention to them other than to think "I wonder what caused those?"

Thanks for the quick fix.
John

More
20 Jun 2022 22:05 #245498 by JohnnyCNC
Running LCNC form the command line and using QTDragon on 2.8.2...  I keep running into "Ignoring task mode change while jogging" but I am not jogging.  When it happens I sometimes  go back through what I thought I just did to see if I can make it happen on demand but so far no luck.  Any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks
John

More
21 Jun 2022 01:08 #245504 by spumco
Looks like this commit broke something:

github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/87f6...91b51b9a6db023955160

I went looking through all the commits back to May 28 and this is the only one that appears to address jogging to task mode.

I'll ask the moderators to close my thread as it's not Probe Basic specific and jump on your bandwagon.

More
21 Jun 2022 02:54 #245507 by JohnnyCNC
I am also using a Vista P4S pendant but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have been using QTDragon for a couple of years and this problem just start a couple to a few months ago. I've just been living with it while I investigate and issue with my M6 remap tool measurement and this issue keep interrupting my testing process. I was hoping that the fix Chris pushed would fix it. I do take all of the updates when they show up. It seems to happen often when I E-Stop so I gutted the G-Code file that I was testing with of all of the code that actually does the milling. It just does the tool change and moves to the XY of where it would mill and stops with the M30 at the end of the file. And.. gets stuck. Sometimes.

More
17 Jul 2022 18:48 #247581 by spumco
Bump

Still an issue: "Ignoring task mode change while jogging"

More
17 Jul 2022 20:13 - 17 Jul 2022 20:13 #247588 by JohnnyCNC
I'm running 2.8.2-144 and I am still seeing the issue. I have also found that un-homing and re-homing clears it temporarily.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2022 20:13 by JohnnyCNC.

More
17 Jul 2022 21:51 #247599 by dgarrett
I have not understood the conditions needed to duplicate this error

@JohnnyCNC @spumco :

1) post the output from:
   $ linuxcnc_info
2) post a tar or zip file of the configuration directory
3) post details on the steps needed to produce the error
4) when the error occurs, execute (in a separate shell):
   $ halcmd show pin|grep active
and post the result

Also
4) Please try to duplicate in an included distribution sim
config (qtdragon?) and post detailed steps to reproduce the error.

The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds