QT-Dragon - Custom DRO possible?

More
08 Jul 2022 16:57 #246883 by spumco
TLDR: I want gmoccapy-style DRO in QtDragon or derivatives. Possible?

I'm starting to think about switching GUI's and QtDragon is high on the list.

One of the GUI features I'm used to (in and out of LCNC) is having the WCS, Machine, and DTG DRO's all visible at the same time.

Most of the Qt-based screens have the various DRO's tabbed instead of all in one window.  Better than nothing, but not ideal as far as I'm concerned.

So... is it possible to modify the axis DROs to function like the Gmoccapy style?  I don't really need to know precisely how this minute, but a simple
  • "not possible", or
  • "possible, but insanely complicated", or
  • "yup, no sweat"
would help me narrow down my GUI exploration.

Pics in case I wasn't clear in my explanation above.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2022 18:18 #246890 by persei8
Absolutely possible. Just need to make a custom designer widget. Whether it becomes a part of qtdragon is another matter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

More
08 Jul 2022 21:00 #246910 by spumco
Thanks much, that's what I'd hoped.

And I hadn't actually planned on submitting something for inclusion in the 'official' QtDragon...  I'm just looking for a GUI starting point and your screen is rather nice.

More
08 Jul 2022 22:13 #246917 by persei8
So just throwing together some existing widgets and a bit of styling, you can make this. Obviously, all functionality has to be defined in python in the handler file. Otherwise, you would have to make a full custom designer widget. (which requires a ton more programming) To make it behave like the gtk widget, where the REL, ABS and DTG DROs cycle around when you click it, you make the containing frame clickable and connect the click event to a function in the handler that reprograms everything. (DROs and labels)

Jim
Attachments:

More
08 Jul 2022 23:43 #246920 by spumco
Well, that's pretty slick!

I know nothing about python, so I'm unlikley to try to tackle that on top of a bunch of other things (ATC integration)

I'd be happy just to duplicate the DRO's in separate frames/windows and connect them to WCS/abs/DTG.  Might look silly with three dro's for each axis but I'm more of a function over fashion kinda guy.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds