Up-to-dateness

More
01 Jan 2023 16:43 #260712 by Roguish
Replied by Roguish on topic Up-to-dateness
Well, thanks for working on it.  I know keeping up with all the linux changes is a pretty big chore.  lots going on now with kernels, and libraries.

I installed Qtvcp via the package install script.   ( /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/designer/install_script )
and it's working, as far as I can tell. I have not had to modify any of the widgets so that's really nice.

and I altered my Dragon gui to use a hal pin for the joint velocity display. took a bit to figure it out, but I actually got it to work.
So now I don't have to use a modified hal_gllib.

This is all with Debian 11 Bullseye, and LinuxCNC 2.10 (master deb from Seb K's secret buildbot2)

The ethernet timing problem is way over my head. So I am using a 4.19 rt-amd kernel, as the 5.xx and 6.xx kernels are quite problematic.
The on-board nic I use for my mesa board it a Realtek. I have an pcie NIC board I could use. It's has an Intel chip, which PCW says is the best brand. He should know. He designs the mesa boards...... and is probably the most knowledgeable on the subject.

But since my mill is working, I am not going to mess with much at all..... If it works, don't f*** with it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds