Error after simple update....

More
04 Aug 2023 22:26 #276939 by Roguish
been a while since I've updated, and lots of qtvcp changes....

running QTDragon.   now my config is called    dragon.    but it's a simple copy over of qtdragon.
did a deb update with Seb's latest.     linuxcnc-uspace_2.10.0~pre0.1767.g47129d147_amd64.deb

copied the qtdragon.ui and handler file to my local and renamed them  dragon  (just removed the qt)

startup  linuxcnc  with dragon.ini   in a cmd window and it flames.....see the picture attached here.
note my side panel that used to work perfectly....
now when I touch the abort or retry button, the side panel disappears.....   not good.  I need it.

first, what's that error, and how do I fix it?   
see down at line 736 in the runtime error file.... what's that error?   is it the same???
and why the heck do I continuously get a stream of 'Could not create pixmap from :/images/images/brushed_metal.png'
where do they all come from and how do I fix 'em ????

little help would be great.   if more files or pictures would help, just let me know and I'll get them...

thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2023 05:07 #276970 by cmorley
I pushed a fix for the error message.
The pixmap is used on the settings page - you could remove it if you like, but it might be fixed just because of the other fix.

So pull in the fix and see what's left.

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roguish

More
05 Aug 2023 23:17 #277068 by Roguish
Chris, thanks
that fixed most of it. definitely the error message and side panel crash.
the background image is odd. I think there may be some inconsistency in the .ui file and how the background is applied, and the .qss file.
I found that if I copied the .qss file and then selected it with F12, the background is ok.
so no big deal right now.
I am going to write a simple script to copy and rename what I need whenever I update, then I will just have to do the F12 thing....

by the way, Seb's buildbot2 handled your push and made a set of debs today, the 5th. very handy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cmorley

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds