[fixed] TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:

More
10 Aug 2023 14:33 - 10 Aug 2023 15:14 #277534 by ikkuh
qtDragon_hd

[QTvcp][CRITICAL]  Retry from Error Dialog
 Qtvcp encountered an error.  The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:
LinuxCNC Version  : 2.9.0~pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/widgets/simple_widgets.py", line 649, in paintEvent
    self.paintIndicator()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/widgets/simple_widgets.py", line 707, in paintIndicator
    p.drawRoundedRect(topLeft.x()+(self.width()*((1-self._w_fraction)/2)) + self._top_edge_offset,
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  drawRoundedRect(self, rect: QRectF, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  drawRoundedRect(self, x: int, y: int, w: int, h: int, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  drawRoundedRect(self, rect: QRect, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

(qtvcp:468)
QBackingStore::endPaint() called with active painter; did you forget to destroy it or call QPainter::end() on it?
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 29733, resource id: 24169718, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
QBackingStore::endPaint() called with active painter; did you forget to destroy it or call QPainter::end() on it?
[QTvcp][CRITICAL]  Aborted from Error Dialog
 Qtvcp encountered an error.  The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/widgets/simple_widgets.py", line 649, in paintEvent
    self.paintIndicator()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/qtvcp/widgets/simple_widgets.py", line 707, in paintIndicator
    p.drawRoundedRect(topLeft.x()+(self.width()*((1-self._w_fraction)/2)) + self._top_edge_offset,
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  drawRoundedRect(self, rect: QRectF, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  drawRoundedRect(self, x: int, y: int, w: int, h: int, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  drawRoundedRect(self, rect: QRect, xRadius: float, yRadius: float, mode: Qt.SizeMode = Qt.AbsoluteSize): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

(qtvcp:464)
/usr/bin/linuxcnc: line 974: 24292 Segmentation fault      $EMCDISPLAY -ini "$INIFILE" $EMCDISPLAYARGS $EXTRA_ARGS
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Running HAL shutdown script
task: 8777 cycles, min=0.000010, max=0.016525, avg=0.010052, 0 latency excursions (> 10x expected cycle time of 0.010000s)
hm2_eth: in hm2_eth_reset

After this error I can only choose 'abort' in the dialogbo onscreen and then LinuxCNC quits.

Debian 12, fresh APT install.

Last edit: 10 Aug 2023 15:14 by ikkuh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2023 16:04 #277541 by cmorley
If I understand correctly, that is linuxcnc from an official Debian package?
Those bugs have been fixed but, i understand that we can't update the Debian package.

But you can use a linuxcnc buildbot deb and get newer bug fixes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

More
10 Aug 2023 16:34 #277546 by ikkuh

If I understand correctly, that is linuxcnc from an official Debian package?
Those bugs have been fixed but, i understand that we can't update the Debian package.

That's not nice to hear. I formatted the machine and used Debian 12 especially because LinuxCNC is onboard.
I hoped to avoid another rabbit hole when using 2.10 (buildbot version nowadays). So I hoped the 2.9 apt package would be usable and up-to-date.

But you can use a linuxcnc buildbot deb and get newer bug fixes.

I hope I can pin the 2.9 version there.

Thanks for all your hard en great work! LinuxCNC is so much nicer with all the enhancements you intergrated!

More
10 Aug 2023 19:14 #277566 by rodw
Whilst the Debian version is fixed due to their policies, you can follow these steps to use the Linuxcnc buildbot2 to get updated sources by the normal apt update process.
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...an_bookworm_x86_only
Once this is done, its only  2 commands to update to the latest version at any time via apt upgrade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh, persei8

More
11 Aug 2023 06:45 - 14 Aug 2023 10:42 #277604 by ikkuh

Whilst the Debian version is fixed due to their policies, you can follow these steps to use the Linuxcnc buildbot2 to get updated sources by the normal apt update process.

Wow, thanks. I searched for a solution but never saw that page. I will use the information to get my machine going again.
Thanks!

It really works. LinuxCNC is neatly pinned at the 2.9 version. I sleep better now. Thanks once again to you both!
Last edit: 14 Aug 2023 10:42 by ikkuh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds