remap, instructions

More
10 Sep 2023 12:56 #280396 by ikkuh
remap, instructions was created by ikkuh
I am using the pinned Apt version of 2,9 using the buildbot.
At the moment I want to implement the Tool Measurement funtcions.
I have a probe and a toolsetter, both work and give a signal on net probe-in

I noticed that the documentation is not up-to-date with the software as provided by the buildbot.
For example one time subroutines is without an ending s and sometimes with an Ss

Also when I 'make' a machine with Stepconf I get load of extra files that are never mentioned in the documentation. Mixing these settings with my working setting proved to be a disaster.

Is there anybody how has Dragon working with toolchange and measurement?

LINUXCNC - 2.9.0-pre1-1121-g5d6e5eac0
Machine configuration directory is '/home/ton/linuxcnc/configs/Dragon'
Machine configuration file is 'Dragon.ini'
Starting LinuxCNC...
linuxcnc TPMOD=tpmod HOMEMOD=homemod EMCMOT=motmod
Note: Using POSIX realtime
Found file(REL): ./Dragon.hal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2023 18:54 #280423 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic remap, instructions
Can you give more specifics?

More
20 Sep 2023 11:35 - 20 Sep 2023 11:42 #281217 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic remap, instructions
14.4. Required Files>If using an installed version of LinuxCNC:
from /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/qtvcp_screens/qtdragon/python/, copy toplevel.py and remap.py to your configuration’s new python folder.

@cnc:~/linuxcnc/configs/Dragon$ locate toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/lathe-fanucy/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/orphans/iocontrol-removed/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/cycle/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/extend-builtins/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/getting-started/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/manual-toolchange-with-tool-length-switch/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/rack-toolchange/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/stop-lookahead/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/vismach/VMC_toolchange/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/gmoccapy/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/gscreen/industrial_lathe_wear/toplevel.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/woodpecker/python/toplevel.py
/usr/share/linuxcnc/ncfiles/remap_lib/python-stdglue/python/toplevel.py

@cnc:~/linuxcnc/configs/Dragon$ locate remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/lathe-fanucy/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/orphans/iocontrol-removed/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/orphans/pysubs/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/cycle/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/extend-builtins/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/getting-started/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/manual-toolchange-with-tool-length-switch/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/rack-toolchange/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/remap/stop-lookahead/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/axis/vismach/VMC_toolchange/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/gmoccapy/python/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/gscreen/industrial_lathe_wear/remap.py
/usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/sim/woodpecker/python/remap.py
/usr/share/linuxcnc/ncfiles/remap_lib/python-stdglue/python/remap.py>Make a symbolic link or copy the following files into the python folder described above.>In
~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap_subroutine/
folder.
remap_subroutine does not excist, it's named remap_subroutines (with an S at the end)
>In
~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap_lib/python_stdglue/
folder.
python_stdglue does not exist, it's named with a hyphen not an underscore, python-stdglue

LINUXCNC - 2.9.0-pre1-1133-g200dfe326
Machine configuration directory is '/home/xxx/linuxcnc/configs/Dragon'
Machine configuration file is 'Dragon.ini.expanded'

Last edit: 20 Sep 2023 11:42 by ikkuh.

More
21 Sep 2023 01:15 #281269 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic remap, instructions
try this:
[PYTHON]
# The path start point for all remap searches ie. python's sys.path.append()
PATH_APPEND = ~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap_lib/python-stdglue/python
# path to the tremap's 'toplevel file
TOPLEVEL = ~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap_lib/python-stdglue/python/toplevel.py

SUBROUTINE_PATH =\
~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap-subroutines:\
~/linuxcnc/nc_files/examples/remap_lib

I'll look at the docs
The following user(s) said Thank You: ikkuh

More
21 Sep 2023 06:50 - 21 Sep 2023 06:51 #281282 by ikkuh
Replied by ikkuh on topic remap, instructions

try this:

I found the exact thing I need and want here: www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...h-off?start=30#48235
This follows my workflow and works mostly automatic.
My problem is solved, took a few years though ;)

Enjoying using qtDragon very  much, your (and the others of course) hard work is much appreciated!
Since pinning LinuxCNC to version 2.9 my machine came to life again and is working as it should.[/code]
Last edit: 21 Sep 2023 06:51 by ikkuh. Reason: f*cking BB editor

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds