[SOLVED] QtDragon_hd - Probe tab crashing

More
15 Oct 2023 11:59 - 31 Oct 2023 14:29 #283056 by karnalta
Hello all,

I am trying to activate versaprobe screen in QtDragon_hd but as soon as I click on the probe tab button, I got the following error then the UI crash.

I use Debian 12 and my python version is 3.11b.

Last edit: 31 Oct 2023 14:29 by karnalta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2023 12:50 #283068 by cmorley
There isn't quite enough infor to do any investigation. If you run linuxcnc from a terminal, there will be a longer error message.

How did you get linuxcnc? From an official Debian package?

More
15 Oct 2023 14:13 #283072 by karnalta
Yes from the default sources of Debian 12. When I get back to home, I will try to start it from terminal to give you more info.

More
15 Oct 2023 14:57 #283078 by karnalta
I can continue if I choose "retry", the error occur four times when loading the 4 last buttons ("tool measure", "auto skew", "auto zero", "versaprobe help"). After this, I can use the module except if I pass the cursor over one of these four buttons where I instantly get the error message.

Here is what I've got from the terminal output :
[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][WARNING]  INI Parsing Error, No PROGRAM_PREFIX Entry in DISPLAY, Using: ~/linuxcnc/nc_files (qt_istat.py:515)
[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][WARNING]  INI Parsing Error, No MAX_SPINDLE_0_OVERRIDE Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 1 (qt_istat.py:515)
[QTvcp.QTVCP.QT_ISTAT][WARNING]  INI Parsing Error, No MIN_SPINDLE_0_OVERRIDE Entry in DISPLAY, Using: 0.5 (qt_istat.py:515)
No section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
Adding section VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS
No option 'ps_probevel' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_z_clearance' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_probe_max' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_probe_latch' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_probe_diam' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_xy_clearance' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_side_edge_length' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_probe_height' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_block_height' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'use_tool_measurement' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_offs_x' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_offs_y' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_offs_z' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_offs_angle' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
No option 'ps_probe_rapid_vel' in section: 'VERSA_PROBE_OPTIONS'
QBackingStore::endPaint() called with active painter; did you forget to destroy it or call QPainter::end() on it?
QBackingStore::endPaint() called with active painter; did you forget to destroy it or call QPainter::end() on it?

More
17 Oct 2023 00:53 #283147 by cmorley
The official Debian version of linuxcnc is very behind and kinda buggy.

If you can get the buildbot version that should fix it

More
17 Oct 2023 13:51 #283180 by karnalta

The official Debian version of linuxcnc is very behind and kinda buggy.

If you can get the buildbot version that should fix it

I have try on a simulation VM with LinuxCNC 2.9.0-35 and it solved the issue.
So I guest it will also work with the real machine.

Thank you.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds