QTDragon_HD Touchoff routine: Touchoff failed

More
06 Apr 2024 21:09 #297712 by dokwine
Could have sworn I had this working, but back from holiday and no joy. While using the touch plate for tool touch off:

"Touchoff routine: Touchoff failed: Probe retract failed: Command timed out: (30 second)"

I'm bringing up QTDragon_HD on 2.9.2 on a machine that was formerly Axis-based. I load a tool, set the params (Max Probe 1.5, Retract distance - tried things between .25 and 2.,  Z safe travel - I think this is supposed to be a clearance height for moving the spindle - set for 2.5 though I'm not sure this has context when using the touch plate). Machine and settings page in "IN" mode. 

When I select "Touchoff" The Z axis descends until initial contact with the touch plate then stops until the timeout occurs. There is no retract or 2nd touch off. I put the machine back in manual mode and the z axis works normally.

I'm not sure where the G38 routine that Dragon is calling is located to try and pursue further. I have vague suspicion that this might have something to do with IN vs MM, but everything is currently showing IN.

Something simple I'm sure, but currently at a loss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2024 21:20 #297713 by cmorley
Running qtdragon_hd with the -d switch added in the INI and running from a terminal may give more context.
ie:
DISPLAY = qtvcp -d qtdragon_hd

What is the probe velocity setting set at?
Is the machine imperial or metric based?
Is it in g20 or g21 mode?

What version of linuxcnc are you using?
The following user(s) said Thank You: dokwine

More
06 Apr 2024 21:31 #297714 by dokwine
will add -d in a moment...

search velocity 15 in/min
probe velocity 5 in/min
Imperial machine showing IN in qtdragon
g20

More
06 Apr 2024 21:47 #297715 by dokwine
*sigh* Added the -d and restarted. Worked fine. Likely restarting did this, though I couldn't tell you why. the touch off was the 1st thing I tried when I brought the machine up the 1st time.

btw, were you aware that the _hd screen shifts when a tool is loaded and the overrides box overlaps the DRO box? Not a functional issue.

Thanks as always for your attention.

Ron

More
06 Apr 2024 22:30 #297718 by cmorley
Well if it happens again please post the most info you can and I'll look again.

If you haven't disabled the 'blur' effect that might be why it shifts (with any dialog).
The blur is removed by default in later versions.

I don't see an overlap, but I have the latest unreleased updates.
A different stylesheet may help (press F12 for the editor/selector)

If you got linuxcnc from Debians official repository rather from linuxcnc's ISO/buildbot, then the version is very old and won't auto update.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds