QTDragon_HD Manual tool change (?) problem

More
06 Apr 2024 23:23 #297720 by dokwine
Sorry for running straight to the forum, but I really need to get this machine back up...

I've switched to QTDragon_HD from Axis. I'm running 2.9.2 from the Deb ISO. Everything appears to be running. I've touched off a tool and am ready to run. I hit cycle start on my g-code (from Fusion 360) and the program runs a few lines, does a move and then stops on the line with "T4 M6". So fine, manual tool change but no pop up to say go. Just sits there.
  • I have the 3 manual tool change lines in qtdragon_hd_postgui.hal per the doc's. (and commented out in my original .hal)
  • qtdragon_hd_postgui.hal is being sourced from postgui_call_list.hal which I can see happening while running fm command line
  • I have commented out the "unlink" commands for the tool change lines (tried leaving them in too - no difference)

I don't see a loadusr -W hal_manualtoolchange component being loaded and I presume that QTDHD is handling this in python (since clearly the machine is waiting).

What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2024 23:33 #297721 by cmorley
please post your config files.

More
06 Apr 2024 23:43 #297724 by dokwine
This should be everything. I have the console dump as well if it would help.

Ron

More
07 Apr 2024 00:15 #297726 by cmorley
I didn't check everything but I bet it's this line that must be set somewhere.:
DaneelDragon.hal

# net tool-prepare-loopback iocontrol.0.tool-prepare => iocontrol.0.tool-prepared
The following user(s) said Thank You: dokwine

More
07 Apr 2024 16:47 #297755 by dokwine
I noticed the “loopback” line was missing from the 3 lines for manual tool change in the qt doc. I’ll put it back and see. Thx

More
07 Apr 2024 18:28 #297758 by dokwine
yes, It looks like that was it. I have more testing to do later, but with the correct tool already loaded, it proceeded with the program. Will do some actual tool changes later today.

FWIW, I added the tool-prepare-loopback... line to qtdragon_hd_postgui.hal after the manual tool change lines. I probably would have stumbled across this after fumbling around, but you just saved me a day or two.

Thanks Chris, and If I haven't said it - I really like what you've accomplished with QtVCP and QTDragon_HD. Such a step up from my Axis setup and hacks. really looking forward to customizing. - Ron

More
07 Apr 2024 23:39 #297768 by cmorley
Glad you got it figured out.
Persei802 (Jim) made the well thought out layout, I just tweak for users requests and little ideas I have. I'm glad you like it.

More
08 Apr 2024 13:48 #297811 by dokwine
My thanks to Persei802 as well! - Lrrr
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds