New interface for small display!

More
19 Apr 2024 05:35 #298595 by Samas322
Hi all im currently building my second cnc, and it is pretty small one. A little bigger than a 3d printer. I was to the point to chose a controller and i first think about linuxcnc but because it a small cnc its not the best choise because it require a "big" monitor. So i looked at the other options avaliable.
-Grbl, very limited in functions, require an external computer..
-Mach3, looks bad, lot of bad comments..
Anyway the only system that was the closest to my needs was chinese DDCS controllers but they are not very customizable and dont support all the gcodes that i want.
So finaly i decided to keep going with linuxcnc! The best one so far at a resonable cost! Then I decided to build my own interface. Or modify an existing one.

For the GUI design im pretty sure i can do it all but for the programming i think im gonna need help. If anyone is interested in this project to help me your welcome! 

The interface is for a 7 inch display and running on a raspberry pi 4 with a 7c80 mesa card. 
It will be a keyboard and optional touch screen navigation based interface. Here are some pictures of my design so far!

Let me know what you think about it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2024 05:46 #298597 by Samas322
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, COFHAL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds