Anilam Crusader 2

More
31 May 2015 14:39 #59261 by 5axisormore
I have an Anilam Crusader 2 on a Lagun FTV2 with the .01mm scales that I am getting ready to change to Linux CNC. Mine was old enough that it didn't have the RS232 port, just the microcasette recorder for program storage and it never worked consistently. John, I was wondering what your scale resolution was on yours, or if it was an encoder machine. I have a 6i25/7i77 combo plugged into a Dell Optiplex medium form computer and LinuxCNC2.7 loaded. I ordered the ENCY encoder splitters from Mesa so I could leave the scales hooked up to the original control as a DRO while I debugged the setup. Might be overkill, but they were actually pretty cheap. They were in process the last time I called, so I should here back on them soon. I have the Kwik Switch tooling as well. But had the early style quill clamp and left side mounted servo motor and ball screw. i had thought about making a carrier plate with linear rails to allow me to increase the Z-axis travel, and possibly use the quill like a boring mill. Might be fun after I finish the install and can make my plates on it. Are you running 2.7 on your mill?
Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2015 19:45 #59265 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Two projects under way
My BP has encoders on the servos.

I'm running 2.5 I think on the BP, I'm running 2.7 on my plasma to get the new trajectory planner for smoother cuts. I don't need that speed on the BP so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

JT

More
01 Jun 2015 13:15 #59296 by 5axisormore
Replied by 5axisormore on topic Two projects under way
Glad to here what you have John, I may go to encoders on mine. I had thought about doing that and having the scales as a second closed loop similar to some of the larger high precision machines, but not sure yet.
Fred

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds