Scratch Built 4' x 2' Plasma Table

More
31 Aug 2017 00:46 #98248 by HomemadeNJ
Wanted to share my latest project. I started off with linuxcnc years ago with a basic chain driven router and have been building tables more frequently as of late. Put together a 2'x2' plasma a year ago and sold it off to build a bigger table, this is what came from that.

4'x2' + of work area
Skate bearing Y carriages, linear guide X, Microcarve Z with Floating torch head built by me
Rack and pinion drive
All probotix electronics
Linuxcnc with the Toma Config
Proma THC
Everlast PowerPlasma 60s
Water pan with holding tank and software controlled return pump.

Since I only have a small one car garage everything had to be self contained. I wheel this over to the wall, plug in the 120v, 220v, my air hookup, pump the water back up into the pan and I'm ready to cut. At the end of the day I drain the water back into the barrel and wheel it back into its corner to bring my car in. Before I could even finish, I had a friend asking to take it off my hands so wanted to get some pics and post it up before its gone, I'll be working on a super low budget build next.

Quick cutout in 18ga

Running some squareness and hole quality tests

Hope you guys enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WinstonTodge, CarterKraft

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2017 07:49 #98266 by Clive S
Very nice smart machine. Do you have a build log anywhere?

More
31 Aug 2017 14:14 #98290 by HomemadeNJ
I did my best to document the build on my YouTube channel. Here is a video of one of the first test cuts prior to painting. There are several others that show the frame build, water pan build etc.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joekline9, Clive S, WinstonTodge, OxxAndBert

More
14 Jul 2022 13:52 #247288 by snowgoer540
Sorry to resurrect a 5 year old thread... 

Just was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Stefan.  Seemed he took a sudden hiatus from YouTube which turned permanent.  I checked today, most of his videos were taken down, comments are all turned off, Instagram gone, fancy website gone, etc.  Shame, I enjoyed watching his builds.  Served as a source of inspiration for my table build, and getting involved with the plasmac project.  Just curious what the story was there.  Hopefully he's started a plasma table empire!  But maybe he'll see this and be kind enough to shed a little light.

At any rate, hopefully Stefan (NJ Stefan haha) sees this as I owe him a thank you...

Thank you.

More
14 Jul 2022 14:28 #247291 by tommylight
Maybe started working for CIA ???? :)

More
14 Jul 2022 18:26 #247310 by snowgoer540

Maybe started working for CIA ???? :)

haha, maybe!

More
14 Jul 2022 19:27 #247314 by tommylight
Dont know his address, i never asked him, i could send one of my brothers to see if he is still alive.
One is in NJ the other in NY.
This pandemic has changed even the way we think about people.

More
14 Jul 2022 19:38 #247316 by snowgoer540
And being in PA I could send up a smoke signal too.

Yea, things are definitely different. In all honesty when he first stopped posting I did wonder if something happened but then after some time I saw he said he was taking a break or something to that effect.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hopefully he got some deal doing CNC stuff and taking down the videos was part of the agreement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 Jul 2022 02:46 #247339 by spumco

And being in PA I could send up a smoke signal too.

PA? Hmm...  East or West?

I'm in Ohio, about 8 miles from the border.

More
15 Jul 2022 02:48 #247341 by snowgoer540
East… about 7 miles from Hershey.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds