LinuxCNC for SLA, DLP and mSLA/mLCD Printers

More
31 May 2020 02:51 #169473 by Bari
LinuxCNC easily controls SLA 3D printers that use a galvo to control the laser position. It also can also control DLP and mSLA printers that use a raster device such as a DLP projector or LCD panel to cure liquid resins/photopolymers.

The DLP type shown below uses a 4K DLP projector to cure an entire XY print area in under 2 seconds. XY resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels. The projector is focused at ~140um per pixel. XY area: 537.6mm x 302.4mm (21,14" x 11.89").

imgur.com/zvxoHUT

imgur.com/zKNtBAg

I'm using QTPYVCP with a widget to take SVG slices from sliced 3D models sent though Slic3r and synchronize them with Z-motion and other motors in the printer.
matrix.org/_matrix/media/r0/download/mat...ZtKczKAwdIQFMTMvXpbl
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, thefabricator03, bbsr_5a

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2020 08:15 #169628 by bbsr_5a
nice job why did you double post on this printer

More
01 Jun 2020 15:53 #169682 by Bari
A bit OT but, where is the other (2nd/double) post?

More
20 Sep 2020 20:45 #182956 by Bari
Should I make a LCNC SD card image with LCNC already configured to run a DLP/LCD printer using the Rpi4? I'm not sure how simple this has to be made for hobbyists to be able to use it.

More
20 Sep 2020 23:15 #182987 by BeagleBrainz
It doesn't matter how simple you make it people will mess up.

Actually what would be interesting, if you have the time, is a description of the hardware and how you went about putting everything together.

Or if you have a blog or such a link.
Whilst not on my list of projects it sounds like a lot or work has gone into the printer and sounds as if it would be something quite interesting to have a read of.

Well done mate.

More
21 Sep 2020 00:51 #183003 by Bari
I make them in all shapes and sizes. I usually use off the shelf automation parts but for the wide build plate area of the unit above I decided to build my own positioners.

imgur.com/QoVC0eR

1/2"-10 Acme screw with anti-lash nut. Screws and nuts are high precision overstock custom from Thompson. I just had to shorten them a bit for my application. ~300mm between the high precision Hiwin rails.

There is virtually no load on the build platform when printing since the cured resin is about the density of the uncured resin that it sits in.

More
21 Sep 2020 02:08 #183021 by BeagleBrainz
Oh ok it's a commercial product. I thought it was just a one off home brew. No need to share your secrets then mate.

Still one hell of a job.

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds