New user and Japanese Roku Roku mill

More
06 Nov 2020 16:17 #188515 by lkuchars
Hi, My name is Lukasz. I’ve been an on and off reader of the forum for the last few years. Also at that time I tried to get some intuition on how electrical circuits work and how to use them. Started from zero. Still I can’t call myself amateur. Just an enthusiast I guess as there are many basic things I don’t know and understand. My interests in CNC and electronics started pretty late in life with 3 kids' family to take care of, more troubles than hair on my head and not much time. I love industrial machinery. I love watching machines work. I loved watching my father, who was a toolmaker work on mills and lathes.

I finally got to the point where I moved out from the city and had space for a workshop. I’ll be pouring concrete floor this month (I hope)

Anyway, finally I bit the bullet and bought myself an old 85 vintage Japanese Roku Roku milling machine. Paid 2.5K US$ for it. I think it’s in pretty good mint but we’ll know once I get it shipped. For now I only have sellers’ word to support that it works, albeit trusted one. Also I got lots of documentation with the machine. Electrical diagrams and what I think is a ladder program printed on paper (like 600 pages). I hope U can help me decipher some of it

Hope I’m not going to get killed by electrocution or fast spinning objects anytime soon. My plan (hopefully with your help) is to see what this machine can do with its original control and then one day start a retrofitting project.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Combi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2020 19:26 #188530 by Aciera
Having the documentation will safe you a lot of time for sure.

More
06 Nov 2020 19:39 #188533 by tommylight
That should be fun to retrofit ! :)

More
07 Nov 2020 03:52 #188568 by Todd Zuercher
Other than having limited memory for loading programs and maybe being a little slow there's probably little the original control can't do. You can work around the limited memory by setting up a serial connection to a PC to drip feed programs via dnc.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds