Customized Ooznest OX router

More
26 Oct 2021 07:28 #224339 by furynick
Hi all.

I started building my router some years ago based on parallel port connections but I never found a good enough setup to get decent latency test.
I recently bought a 7i76e and fully reworked my installation and here is the result :
File Attachment:

Detail of electronic enclosure showing stepper drivers (1 slot free for 4th axis), 7i76e and power supplies (30V for field power, 24v, 12V & 5V for accessories).
File Attachment:

Original machine kit couldn't handle the 2.2kW spindle (didn't know that when I bought all stuff) so I reinforced gantry. I plan to machine new plates to better balance the weight and get more room for Z axis (+30mm).
File Attachment:

The first job was to build a touch plate
File Attachment:

Next job will be some adpater plates to mount ball screws on X & Y axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2021 12:55 #224505 by andypugh
Interesting gantry mod.
I wonder if swapping to ball slides would be a prettier solution?
The round supported rails are pretty cheap on that Amazon.

More
27 Oct 2021 13:56 #224517 by furynick
The ball screw will replace belts ... I was not able to do round circles into hard wood and I want to work with aluminium parts.

I replaced belts some days ago but didn't try round pockets yet.

More
27 Oct 2021 14:47 #224521 by andypugh
I was suggesting replacing the profile-rail and roller arrangement with this sort of thing:
www.amazon.co.uk/Carrier-Linear-Slider-B...BR12UU/dp/B07CTGV6BY
Which should handle the moment loads better.

More
27 Oct 2021 17:57 #224527 by furynick
Well, I also thought building the structure on my own with these type of parts but at the moment I bought all that stuff (4-5 years ago) I had no idea on how to build it so I choosed a full kit.

I'll certainly rebuild entirely the router one day when I'll have sufficient knowledge to do it and I'll certainly make it with steel profiles and linear rails.

I started my first 3D printer with threaded rod and refurbished aluminium profiles. I printed some parts to improve it and it's now on the 4th generation (CoreXY, Diamond extruder, 300x300x270 build volume, 32bit controller).

This is my very first router, it's intended to teach me the "job" ;)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds