M.E.S.S.I Board

More
14 Apr 2023 20:50 - 14 Apr 2023 20:53 #269031 by DSS
Replied by DSS on topic M.E.S.S.I Board
I only have one smart serial card to test with ( 7i73 ) if anyone wanted to play with this and give me feedback. Two of the above prototypes (I only need one) as seen / tested in the above photos and video are available Free of charge just email me a prepaid postage label. I only ask that you are familiar with linuxcnc and smart serial daughter cards enough to put this to use and give feedback. If you have a variety of Mesa smart serial cards on hand to test with that would be good to
Last edit: 14 Apr 2023 20:53 by DSS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2023 21:35 #269036 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic M.E.S.S.I Board
I've got a few Mesa Smart serial cards, not sure I have any time to test though these things have been in drawers for years.

Regarding your ESD protection, I designed a carrier for a DE10 Nano for Machinekit years ago that had smart serial and I used some TVS diodes on the lines. This was like the first PCB I ever designed so take it with a grain of salt but IIRC everything worked pretty well including SS. github.com/ShadeTechnik/socfpga-developement-OSHW

I pretty much dropped that thing when I realized MK was a bust.

You can see there I'm using a tranciever. The dual inverters are used as a level shifter which is a trick I think PCW gave me.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DSS

More
23 Jan 2024 06:58 - 23 Jan 2024 07:01 #291394 by DSS
Replied by DSS on topic M.E.S.S.I Board
Apr. 2023 Yikes ! I did not intend to leave this project hanging. Family took a great deal of my time last year. I was able to finish the M.E.S.S.I Basic documentation. The "Basic" got rid of the led controller, dual led rj45 jack and on board power supply of the original "Board" design. While I had fun programing the controller to give status / connection feedback over the led's; off the bench and in the electrical cabinet they became less useful.

This has been a fun project and I learned a lot. If you have any interest, I have published the M.E.S.S.I Basic on GitHub. I am not well versed in Git or documenting my projects in this manner. If you notice any errors or missing details do not hesitate to let me know.

Documentation Link: Github M.E.S.S.I Basic Project
Last edit: 23 Jan 2024 07:01 by DSS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornholio

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds