Fanuc-Style Toolchange

More
11 Apr 2015 11:02 #57674 by gmills46
Hi Rick
Thank you for your help.
I assume that I need to to more than what I just tried. I copied the attached file toolchange.ngc to my nc_files directory and added the line
REMAP = T prolog=get_T_number ngc=toolchange
to my [RS274NGC] section of the ini file
I also added tools 10001 - 10008 to my tool offset data in linuxcnc.
I get the message " pycall(remap.get_T_number) failed " when I enter t0101 in mdi.
I am sure that I need to do more than what I have done. I'm pretty new to setting up Linuxcnc, do I need to add some python code somewhare?
I have never done anything with that type of code and I am sure that I need a complete walk through with the process.
I would also like to add ngc files and the remaps that have G code "GO A0" when I call tool 1 and " G0 A 45." when I call tool 2 ect, up to tool 8?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2015 16:08 #57679 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Fanuc-Style Toolchange

REMAP = T prolog=get_T_number ngc=toolchange

I get the message " pycall(remap.get_T_number) failed " when I enter t0101 in mdi.

The REMAP line says that the "T" word should now run a python routine called "get_T_number" before running the ngc subroutine.

The get_T_number routine is inside the remap.py file, and that file is linked into LinuxCNC by toplevel.py

You need to add both these files to your config folder. You will find them in the sim configs folder, or you can get them from the git links (right-click the file-name at the end of the path near the top and select save-as)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds