M6 Remap for ATC with carousel

More
24 Nov 2021 15:22 #227502 by Michael
I modified the vismach ngc slightly to work with my configuration. The pocket selection is no different then the sim config. My Hal, ini and ngc files are a few posts back to view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2021 22:59 #227543 by andypugh
I wish that we had started here rather than there.

So:

Your ngc code is using the <selected_pocket> parameter. There is a warnign in stdglue that this is wrong:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/0ecbd4...tdglue/stdglue.py#L2

(Not that you could reasonably have been expected to find that)

In your toolchange ngc file, try changing #<selected_pocket> to #<pocket> and see if that works better.

More
25 Nov 2021 00:38 - 25 Nov 2021 00:41 #227548 by Michael
Awesome. I see it now and can test it tomorrow when I get home from work. I really appreciate the patience with me and wish someday I was better at explaining this. But I am learning.

From what I see in the github version (my stdglue.py doesn't have that first line about the legacy names) there is the ability to use that #<pocket> parameter. For anyone following along the REMAP=T section uses the #<pocket> parameter and passes it on that remap epilogue as the #<selected_pocket> I could be completely wrong about some of that though as reading python is new to me. I am assuming that since I am not using the prepare tool then I wouldn't be sending a #<pocket> number to #<selected_pocket>.
Last edit: 25 Nov 2021 00:41 by Michael.

More
25 Nov 2021 19:38 #227581 by Michael
I changed to #<pocket> and got an error that the parameter was not defined. I am assuming I will have to change something in the prologue/epilogue to make that available?

Trying to read those files isnt making much sense. Crash course in python naming conventions is needed.

More
25 Nov 2021 20:17 #227584 by bevins
You can put print statements in your stdglue files and see exactly what it is doing and what values are in the variables.
You can see this when you are starting linuxcnc in a terminal. Vary helpful troubleshooting tool.

IF I remember correctly as it has been a while since I did ATC's, but if your using stdglue in M6 remap with a nonrandom toolchanger selected_pocket = selected_tool.

More
25 Nov 2021 20:21 #227586 by bevins

You can put print statements in your stdglue files and see exactly what it is doing and what values are in the variables.
You can see this when you are starting linuxcnc in a terminal. Vary helpful troubleshooting tool.

IF I remember correctly as it has been a while since I did ATC's, but if your using stdglue in M6 remap with a nonrandom toolchanger selected_pocket = selected_tool.

Or maybe I set that in my remap..... I don't remember.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds