Another servo tuning

More
09 Apr 2022 15:56 - 09 Apr 2022 16:00 #239746 by myval
Replied by myval on topic Another servo tuning
Just to make life easier we had massive storm and power outage. It never ends.

I have tried increasing decreasing FF1 and FF2 and 1 and 0 is about as good as it gets with changing D I can only make it worse.

I am wondering if it is not some kind of system noise because it is very squigly while it is on in steady motion. Could there be a problem with the motor driver? I am feeding it step dir instead the usual +-10v

This is just a thought I am guessing that Peter could shine some light on this.
Would it be better if I reconfigure drives for lets say PWM dir?

I could not use the original Bosch servo drives and the first try was with small cheap drivers which ony had Step Dir but the new once I have can be set into different types of inputs.

I have drives set in position control too.

Could any of these cause these issues?

correction: can only set it to PWM 50% zero set point not PWM dir

Last edit: 09 Apr 2022 16:00 by myval.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2022 17:37 #239758 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Another servo tuning
I would try open loop step/dir first to eliminate possible mechanical
or encoder issues (take feedback from stepgen position rather than
encoder position)

More
09 Apr 2022 18:44 #239765 by myval
I will give it a go tomorrow but I have the same issue on all three axis so I am thinking I have some sort of systemic error somewhere.

More
10 Apr 2022 16:56 #239833 by myval
I am having brain storm day and guys I just discovered an issue I think, maybe not related to the tuning maybe it is.
The machine came with Heidenhain LS403 scales and I am using EXE 610 to convert it.
I just went through the datasheets again and the max input frequency to the EXE is 50Khz, with linear scale grating 20um and if I am calculating right is 1000 mm/s.
It looks like I will have to look for faster EXE boxes.
Anyone knows of any faster exe boxes if I am understanding the datasheet correct?

More
10 Apr 2022 21:40 #239863 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Another servo tuning
Do you know what the exe boxes do if the input frequency is too high? Do they lose counts, or do they catch up later....

Have you checked whether your system is moving accurately (ignoring dynamic errors)

More
11 Apr 2022 15:58 #239926 by myval
I actually have no idea what they do if the f is too high. I have been thinking about testing it but have no idea how. I have been having fairly decent accuracy but all up to 1000mm/s I just started with speed and accel increase lately with not much luck so far.
What I am about to test is to bump up accel but limit the speed to 1000mm/s and another test to run open loop as Peter suggested.
How do I measure ferror in open loop? do I have to create a script to calculate motor fb - encoder pos? or what would be the best way.
I am guessing that ferror in open loop config will be always 0, is this correct assumption? since there is no actual encoder feedback.

More
11 Apr 2022 16:04 #239929 by myval
So this is what happens if I bump up accel to 300 and limit the speed to 16 m/min in hal
Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2022 16:10 - 11 Apr 2022 16:11 #239930 by myval
here is the openloop net x-pos-fb     <= hm2_7i95.0.stepgen.00.position-fb
but I don't know how the ferror is calculated in this case I had to decrease scale it 2m now otherwise I could not trigger.

Edit: I forgot to bump up the max speed again

is there any way to reload HAL without closing and opening whole thing again?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Apr 2022 16:11 by myval.

More
11 Apr 2022 16:22 #239931 by myval
and open loop with
MAX_VELOCITY = 100.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 300.0

at 3000mm/s and 6000mm/s 
now since I don't know where the ferror comes from in this case I kind of have no idea what this measurement tells me. I guess I would be happy if this was actual encoder to cmd difference.
Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2022 17:03 #239935 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Another servo tuning

now since I don't know where the ferror comes from in this case I kind of have no idea what this measurement tells me. 

If all you have done is take the pid loop out, but have left the encoder feedback driving joint feedback, then the f-error calculation is exactly the same as it was before. 

So it is looking like running the drive in position control mode gives much better results. 

This isn't unlikely, the internal loop in the drive can run faster and is therefore likely to be tighter. 

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds