Deckel FP5 Gearbox Comp

More
07 Jul 2022 14:54 #246811 by gernoff
Replied by gernoff on topic Deckel FP5 Gearbox Comp
Thanks for the information. I will eventually be getting into my console to look at the selector switch wiring. I will replace them with 5 bit encoders if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2022 17:24 #246819 by Niko
Replied by Niko on topic Deckel FP5 Gearbox Comp
https://www.indiastudychannel.com/attachments/Resources/137809-15246-1.bmp
That's roughly the schematic of mine . Absolutely easy and simple to build even on a proto board.

More
11 Jul 2022 19:24 #247099 by gernoff
 Attached is a copy of a console diagram. Looks like I already have 5 bit encoder switches. The pinout to the chips shows ABCDEFG like a typical 24 position encoded switch. Just need to figure out what encoding its using.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2022 06:25 #247118 by Niko
That should do it . Even if it's gray coded you can still get it going . There's a debug pin that outputs the decoded speed . What I usually do is write down a table with what it decoded and where the switch points at . After that it can be modified in the component itself .
Only thing I'm not sure are those logic elements . There's probably some control signals going there . Might need some reverse engineering .

More
12 Jul 2022 20:32 - 12 Jul 2022 20:40 #247182 by gernoff
I am going to ditch all the circuitry in the console and wire directly into the switches, keypads and buttons. Going to require a lot of Mesa inputs....

Will have the main LCNC PC (6i25 7i77 7i84)  in the hardware cabinet for all the existing IO and will probably go SSerial interface to separate cards in the control console. Was thinking 7i73 keyboard controller but probably need more inputs so:  7i69 better?

Last edit: 12 Jul 2022 20:40 by gernoff.

More
12 Jul 2022 21:19 #247186 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Deckel FP5 Gearbox Comp
7i73 supports matrix keyboards, if i remember correctly, so for 25 buttons it needs just 10 wires, here is some info how it works
www.baldengineer.com/arduino-keyboard-matrix-tutorial.html
and here is a topic discussing just that
forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/415...s-and-panels?start=0

More
13 Jul 2022 06:06 #247213 by Niko
I can send you the KiCAD project for the PCB . It's super simple to build . Can be mounted on a proto board as well .

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds