Retrofitting a 1986 Maho MH400E

More
12 Feb 2021 12:22 #198522 by Onkelmat
I´m going to attempt to implement the gear shifting comp in near future.
I got mostly of my maho mh600e from ´89 running. But i have to change gears manually at the moment.
Anyone ever did a diy autmatic toolchanger ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2021 12:24 #198523 by RotarySMP
Good work. Please give feedback on the instructions for implementing the geabox comp on the 600E.
I don't know of anyone with an ATC on an E series Maho and LinuxCNC.
Mark

More
12 Feb 2021 12:32 #198524 by andypugh
I thought that you had an automatic gear changer? I seem to recall watching the spindle do a little dance and shifters rotate on YouTube?

More
12 Feb 2021 13:46 #198531 by RotarySMP
Hi Andy,
Onkelmat was asking if anyone had a tool changer, not gear changing. Yes, the LinuxCNC Comp is changing gears for me. THe little dance if the main spindle motor being twitched back and forth with 90VAC to ensure the gears mesh. My friend wrote the component to control the MAHO gearchange motors:
github.com/jin-eld/mh400e-linuxcnc/wiki/...Gearbox--Description
That is working nicely, but no ATC.
Mark

More
13 Feb 2021 23:04 #198745 by Onkelmat
I bought the same cards you did, i thinki´ll try to copy your pinout too. But as i remember my last attempt my wiring was kinda different from yours. But i had no nerv to go into a full close combat fight with my maho back then ^^

What gives me the headache is the overall complexity of the gearchange of the maho. I know how it worked originally and that was kinda freaky to watch.

I´ll try to go with a rackstyle toolchanger, I´ve seen some original Maho with 8x Rack between their table and the enclosure. That has to be the reason there is so much space between the enclosure and the table. It´s like 30cm of wasted space. Maybe i can add some pneumatic actuated cover.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

More
14 Feb 2021 09:12 #198783 by RotarySMP
Tha complexity of the gearchange? We already solved that. All you have to do is:
1/ wire two ribbon cables in the 7i84,
2/ follow the instructions to compile the gearbox.comp into your linuc build
3/ Copy my HAL.

More
14 Feb 2021 22:17 #198865 by Onkelmat

Tha complexity of the gearchange?Yes, but i want to understand it :) We already solved that. All you have to do is:
1/ wire two ribbon cables in the 7i84, But as i remember my last attempt my wiring was kinda different from yours.
2/ follow the instructions to compile the gearbox.comp into your linuc build will do
3/ Copy my HAL.

I want to understand everything.

More
15 Feb 2021 06:42 #198903 by RotarySMP

More
19 Feb 2021 06:00 #199373 by J Green
Mark an other MAHO people
Just noticed the topic "Can I jog part program using MPG " forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...ram-using-mpg#199245 . Was thinking this might be useful as alternative to Feed Slow - Feed Hold - Feed Uncrash , now that you have the MPG working .

Today is Thursday
the New / New to you machine was to be delivered two days ago , but still not a word about what it is , not even a peep if it is painted green or is larger than a bread box , uses belt driven line shafts for power .
So what is the latest about "The New Machine " ? My hands are sore from sitting on them ! When do we get some Photos of this machine ? Being older than Tony wants to even think about , I would hope to find out before going around the bend .;)
Old an nosy
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotarySMP

More
19 Feb 2021 13:57 - 19 Feb 2021 14:02 #199430 by RotarySMP
Thanks Bob,

You will be happy to hear that it arrived unharmed, and is settling in to the garage, getting to know the Maho :)
Mark
Last edit: 19 Feb 2021 14:02 by RotarySMP.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds