Re-Retrofit Fadal VMC20 from Numatix to LinuxCNC 7i77D/5i25???

More
17 Jan 2021 15:44 #195679 by msrdiesel

Thank you for the response, I am considering this: Product Code: 7I77D-5I25 PNG KIT, looking for a reality check before I pull the trigger since I know nothing...Really (yet)

The 7i77 is for analog +-10 control of the drives. Are you sure it is using +-10v analog for the input into the drive?

Sorry, just noticed you ordered the boards already. Hope it works, keep us posted.

I think I bought the right pieces, or at least certainly hope so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2021 19:40 #196355 by JR1050
I would be interested in the Numatix control if the price was reasonable. I was looking at a 4020 with one a while back, it was in Idaho and I’m in Florida, shipping was to high. I talked at length with the guy who installs them now. Yes, the original owner passed and the last time the website was updated was 7 years ago. Lemme know. As for the Fadal spindle motor, vmc 20 had a 5 HP motor which was insanely weak, maybe someone upgraded yours, if not, since you are upgrading the machine any way, you might look into it. The 5 hp motor stalls in aluminum.

More
27 Jan 2021 16:20 #196777 by msrdiesel

I would be interested in the Numatix control if the price was reasonable. I was looking at a 4020 with one a while back, it was in Idaho and I’m in Florida, shipping was to high. I talked at length with the guy who installs them now. Yes, the original owner passed and the last time the website was updated was 7 years ago. Lemme know. As for the Fadal spindle motor, vmc 20 had a 5 HP motor which was insanely weak, maybe someone upgraded yours, if not, since you are upgrading the machine any way, you might look into it. The 5 hp motor stalls in aluminum.

Feel free to make a reasonable offer for the entire controller, less the encoders and machine cabling to the encoders. I am in Tennessee, I can put the PC controller and enclosure, the machine controller, panel, pendant and all cables and opto 22"s in a FedEx flat rate freight box, I haven't used one yet but freight seems to be from $150 to around $300 depending on the distance. I would have to get a quote to your zip.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds