Hurco KM3P retrofit

More
14 Oct 2022 16:54 #254122 by Ronniecnc
Hello, I am in the process of retrofit a hurco km3p milling machine to the best cnc control Linuxcnc I am using 7i93 and 7i33TA cards and the hurco drivers and dc servos. Electrocraft max-400 I have a question regarding servo drivers.

When the driver works in torque mode, it does not use the tachometer and the internal loop?? right now they are working in velocity mode but I want to put them in torque mode so I don't have to configure the internal loop in the driver and not use the tachometer only the linuxcnc PID right now they are working on velocity mode and the min and the minimum FERROR is 0.25 mm I think it is a bit high but I am not sure. The maximum speed that I have configured so far is 2540mm and the acceleration is 90mm Only the x axis is configured so far. The encoder are 1000ppr

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2022 17:15 #254124 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
I would stick with velocity mode as its easier to tune.
Also torque mode requires a high servo thread rate.
This is tricky with Ethernet interfaces as only some PCs
can run a servo loop significant faster than 1 KHz with
Ethernet hardware.

More
14 Oct 2022 18:02 #254128 by Ronniecnc
Replied by Ronniecnc on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
Thank you very much PCW I will follow your advice and I will stay in speed mode.
I must confess that I am a bit lost in the PID configuration I have read several tutorials in the forum but I am not very clear it must be because I am not a native English speaker. Right now the position jumps on the order of 1 to 2 thousandths of a millimeter in the linuxcnc DRO, I don't know if it's because it's picking up some noise on the cable between 7i33 and the servo driver or the driver isn't tuned correctly or if it's something in the PID in linuxcnc.

Thank you.

More
14 Oct 2022 18:13 #254129 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
Its expected to have some jitter in the range of +1 -1 encoder counts
(because the position is unknown between encoder counts)
You can improve the situation somewhat by adding some deadzone
to the PID (say 1-2 encoder counts worth)

More
15 Oct 2022 01:13 #254145 by Ronniecnc
Thank you very much, I know that each machine is different but what would be a typical value for FERROR = and MIN_FERROR = ? In mm

More
24 Oct 2022 15:45 #254915 by Ronniecnc
Hello, I followed the PID tutorials in the forum and the following error is now 0.04 mm, a bit high I think but better than before.
Now one of the electrocraft max-400 drivers, the Z axis does not work properly with the forward and reverse clamp activated (that is the normal state) it only works one at a time. Example FAC on and it works forward and RAC and does the reverse.
The specific question is that I need to find a Pin in the hal that activates these output with an transistor (FAC and RAC)so Z axis can work, I thought of using the pwm direction pin in the 7i33 card manual it says that the pwm works with pwm and Dir it would be in HOSTMOT2 pwmgen type 1 (PWM on Out0 and Direction on Out1) but I can't find in the hal that Dir pin only appears pwm output and enabled.

Thanks.

More
24 Oct 2022 18:17 #254932 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
I am not fully understanding what you mean. Are you asking for a pin that will release the axis brake when the axis is moving?

Typically the brake only exists to stop the axis falling when powered off, and remains released all the time the system is powered up and controlling the motors.

More
24 Oct 2022 18:40 #254941 by Ronniecnc
Thank you very much for your answer! I am not a native English speaker, sorry for the typing mess. The servo motor/driver does not have a brake, what the RAC and FAC clamp do is disable the ccw or cw in the driver respectively and they are normally connected to the sw limits, it is a safety mechanism that the driver has, if FAC and RAC are enabled (they are set to 15 volts) the motor can rotate in either direction if either is disabled the motor can only rotate in the opposite direction.
I have a "partial" solution I found the abs component and connect the 7i93 pwm output to the abs comp input and the output that says the sign of the analog signal to a 7i93 GPIO output that activates or deactivates the FAC/RAC I don't like it much but so far it is working. I don't know why I can't find the Dir signal of the 7i93 card it would be easier.

More
24 Oct 2022 19:57 #254951 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
From your explanation, RAC and FAC seem to be Forward and Reverse limits on the drive, but i have never seen such letters on them.
First, you can ignore those, everything should work without those, but since they are there, they should be used and wired to the coresponding limit switches.
As for 7i93 dir signal, not sure why or how, but you can use any other output for dir signal, with some hal fiddling.
Do the drives have a dir pin?
You did mention ABS, and PWM, so that makes me think there is a missunderstanding somewhere.

More
24 Oct 2022 20:24 #254957 by Ronniecnc
In the photo you can see the driver with the FAC and RAC I cannot ignore them because otherwise the motor does not move. The servo driver works with +/- 10volt I have a 7i33 card for this purpose. I am referring to Pwm and Dir because according to the 7i33 manual it works that way to generate the +/-10volts. And as I said before the driver is not working well it has problems with the FAC and RAC signals the driver should work with both activated but it is not the case it only works when I activate a single clamp and it should not be like that, the other drivers are good and they work as they should.
Attachments:

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds