Hurco KM3P retrofit

More
24 Oct 2022 21:02 #254959 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
OK, those were wired to the limit switches for sure, and should be wired back.
Sorry for being blunt, but you mentioned 7i93 twice, and you mentioned PWM and using ABS in hal, so that threw me off.
You do not need dir pins for +-10V controls, just wire back the RAC and FAC to the limit switches, they must be ON (connected to 15V) when limits are not triggered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2022 22:39 #254967 by Ronniecnc
Replied by Ronniecnc on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
Thank you very much for your answer. I know that I don't need the pwm and dir pins to control the servo amplifier, the problem is that if I only connect FAC and RAC to the limit switches as it was originally, the motor will only move in one direction because the servo driver is bad. It only works if I activate one at a time, that's why I need the dir signal so that when it changes direction ccw or cw it tells me with a bit and I can use that signal to activate FAC and RAC as the case may be.

More
24 Oct 2022 23:15 #254968 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
What are the chances of one of the limit switches being faulty or miss wired? The switches should have 4 wires, 2 for normally open and 2 for normally closed, the normally closed ones should go to the drive.
If you wire RAC and FAC to the switches, do both wires give 15V at the drive?

More
25 Oct 2022 01:25 #254980 by Ronniecnc
Replied by Ronniecnc on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
Unfortunately the limit sw are fine, in fact I simply put a direct jumper on the +15 volt driver to FAC and RAC that is why I know that the servo driver is defective because the failure only occurs in the z-axis servo driver and not in the two other servos drivers making the same connection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
25 Oct 2022 12:39 #255026 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hurco KM3P retrofit
I suspect that there will be problems rigging up FAC and RAC to anything in HAL, as a servo system naturally dithers when stationary. Certainly don't try using an electromechanical relay.

PWM and DIR of Mesa analogue outputs are not obviously available, but can be found. If you start LinuxCNC from the command-line you will get a listing of the Mesa card pin allocations. You can then see which GPIO pin has been allocated to the DIR line, and use that. Something like hm2_5i24.0.gpio-0000-out

But, a better plan might be to use a "wcomp" on the output of the pid component, and then drive each of FAC and RAC with the under and over outputs with the min and max set slightly below and above zero to leave a small anti-dither window around zero.
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/man/man9/wcomp.9.html

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds