Wabeco CC-F1210 LinuxCNC conversion

More
09 Oct 2023 13:57 #282613 by NTwoO
This is HUGELY valuable information! Thanks for the input
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2023 19:15 #282696 by NTwoO
Looking at the main board with 3 drive lines and one direction line in combination with an HSE dongle that I found with an Atmel inside it is no wonder that people had such horrifying performance with the factory software on these units. Running everything though an Atmel with only one direction line is seriously tying the shoelaces together of the poor machine. Really crazy that software/hardware developers thought that is the most sensible way to protect the whole lot. It might be worth while to reverse engineer the dongle, but seeing how bain dead it works, I'm just dumping the whole lot, switching to the TD6600 drivers with a 36V switch mode power supply and powering the whole train through LinuxCNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Oct 2023 19:31 #282697 by tommylight

Running everything though an Atmel with only one direction line is seriously tying the shoelaces together of the poor machine. Really crazy that software/hardware developers thought that is the most sensible way to protect the whole lot.

OH i have gutted several old machines with control through serial port at 9600bPS, one at 2400bPS that was still working, well waiting for commands as it would do one single line then wait then do another line and wait and.... took me about 15 seconds to unplug it and gut it.
-

More
01 Nov 2023 21:00 #284283 by NTwoO
The 4 TD6600 clones arrived. I have a Dell Lattitude E6230 with a dedicated parallel port on the dock connector and with an original dock with parport the unit is working without limit switches. The latency of this laptop is surprisingly low.  Microstepping is set to 400 that gives me 500 steps per mm on the 30:12 reduction on the belt drives and a spindle pitch of 4mm. The backlash on my DRO is only 0.03mm for the X and Y axes. Now it is time to add limit switches, I guess.

If I repeatedly measure the backlash, can one set it somewhere in the software per axis?

More
01 Nov 2023 21:35 #284285 by tommylight

If I repeatedly measure the backlash, can one set it somewhere in the software per axis?

Yes:
BACKLASH = 0.03
BACKLASH_VELOCITY = 20
Those have to be added in the ini file for each joint, 0.03 is your measured backlash, velocity is advisable to be set to some value your machine can handle easily, 20 is just and example and means 20 units pes second, so 1200mm/m for metric machine. Half of max_velocity for the respective joint is OK.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds