× Forum Header

Trying to find pinout info?

More
08 Apr 2013 22:09 #32434 by customcutter
I'm loving linux already. :woohoo:

I looked every where that I thought I might have a spare cat5e cable. Nothing except assorted TV cables, cat5 cables, etc. Finally decided I would unplug one from my server, and there was a 6' laying behind the server unused. Moved the CPU/screen back to the computer room. Plugged everything in and BINGO. I'm trying to find out how to connect to the internet and UPDATE MGR pops up on the screen. It's presently updating 172 files.

Did I already say

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

thanks,
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 22:38 #32436 by BigJohnT
I'm glad it is coming together for you now!

John

More
09 Apr 2013 23:39 #32491 by customcutter
OK updated linux, did not install 12.04. I'm assuming it updated to 2.5.1 or 2.5.2.

Downloaded Chris's zip file and extracted it.

I'm starting over at Chapter 4 of Getting Started Manual. (Spent 4 hours in dentist chair yesterday).

Gecko 201's don't have 2 micro steps per step do they? ( I guess I can reconfigure later if they do?)

Ken

More
10 Apr 2013 00:13 #32493 by customcutter
OK skipped the stepconf wizard, that's for parallel ports, correct?

Moved to the pncconf wizard, selected the 5i25, unchecked the 7i33 sanity check. Moved on to the pin configuration for the 7i76.

The only tabs it is showing is for TB4, TB5, and TB6.

The only leads I have connected to the 7i76 are on TB1 (field power 24VDC from transformer and bridge full wave rectifier), and TB2 (STEP0-,DIR0-, and +5VP from Gecko 201 drives) for 4 Axis's. Am I missing something here? All the other Gecko pins are wired from the board they are mounted on, I simply pulled of step, dir, and 5V+ to go to 7i76?

I can't even find a tab for the TB1, TB2, or TB3 terminal blocks.

thanks,
Ken

More
10 Apr 2013 02:54 #32499 by BigJohnT
Press the Help button to see how Chris numbered things.

It's a bit confusing but the stepgens are on I/O Connector 3... the correctly named terminal blocks for the I/O is on the Smart Serial 0 tab... I assume I/O Connector 2 is the unused second connector on the 5i25 card so ignore it.

John

More
10 Apr 2013 04:25 #32504 by customcutter

Press the Help button to see how Chris numbered things.

It's a bit confusing but the stepgens are on I/O Connector 3... the correctly named terminal blocks for the I/O is on the Smart Serial 0 tab... I assume I/O Connector 2 is the unused second connector on the 5i25 card so ignore it.

John

A bit confusing... I still haven't found anything refering to TB1 and TB2...only TB4, TB5, and TB6 on the Smart Serial 0 tab.

I've read all of the help pages on each step of the pncconf. I've reread this thread several times and reread Chris's thread and the one that was linked in it. Also read the 7i76 daughtercard manual. It ain't coming together right now. Maybe the pain killers from the dental work. I'll try again in the AM.

On a side note I found a note (page2 of 7i76 manual) about the 7i76 running in setup or operate mode depending on where the W3 jumper is set. I don't have the "controller" hooked up because the computer is back in the house. Do I need to hook up the "controller" and set the W3 jumper so that it can configure itself????

Ken

More
10 Apr 2013 22:12 #32528 by andypugh

On a side note I found a note (page2 of 7i76 manual) about the 7i76 running in setup or operate mode depending on where the W3 jumper is set. I don't have the "controller" hooked up because the computer is back in the house. Do I need to hook up the "controller" and set the W3 jumper so that it can configure itself????

No, definitely not. W3 is only for flashing new firmware to the 7i76. You are very unlikely _ever_ to need to do this.

More
10 Apr 2013 23:56 #32538 by customcutter
Andy:

thanks,

Ken

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds