× Forum Header

moving problem

More
21 Aug 2019 15:29 #142732 by RoberCNC
Replied by RoberCNC on topic moving problem
In order to expand my knowledge, what problems would there be from homing, simply by wiring in parallel the other driver and stepper? I have been testing with that configuration and I only observe the joint following errors occasionally (curiously in X too) and in continuous JOG mode, I have ventured to run a program and it seems to move well. I insist it is only by way of providing data and solving my doubts, it would never occur to me to take you contrary to what you told me, you are a well of wisdom for me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2019 15:35 #142733 by RoberCNC

removing all lines like:

setp pid.x.maxerror .0005

setp pid.y.maxerror .0005

setp pid.z.maxerror .0005

should fix the following errors

Again PCW, at your feet teacher (I don't know if this expression exists in English hahahaha)

More
22 Aug 2019 06:01 #142786 by RoberCNC
So what do you recommend guys? What is the best option I have to handle dual Y with independent homing?

More
22 Aug 2019 06:14 #142792 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
2 stepgens, 2 outputs, 2 drives, 2 motors.
Any of them missing and you can have gantry squaring. Oh yes and 2 limit/home switches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
22 Aug 2019 06:25 #142794 by RoberCNC
Is it possible in version 2.7 or is it recommended that you upgrade to 2.8 that Andy commented?

More
22 Aug 2019 07:04 #142798 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic moving problem

Is it possible in version 2.7 or is it recommended that you upgrade to 2.8 that Andy commented?

Dual gantry homing and squaring is in 2.8 and above only
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
22 Aug 2019 23:25 #142893 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic moving problem

It is possible in 2.7 using the gantry component but not recommended as 2.8 does a much better job of homing a gantry and much easier to setup. You only have to put a minus sign in front of one of the gantry home sequence numbers and if by magic the gantry knows how to home.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoberCNC

More
23 Aug 2019 11:21 #142942 by RoberCNC
Hi John, thanks a lot for your interest.

I tell you the situation

Well ... updated to 2.8, added another stepgen and driver for the Y tandem stepper, now I have two fronts open:

1-If I adapt the old configuration with the script, I get the axes in the GUI (XYZ) correct but the stepgen that would correspond to Z moves me Y1, I manage to modify it in the INI and HAL so that it is the Z but I am not able to implement Y1

2-If I modify the configuration through the wizard and choose the Y tandem in the GUI, JOINTS (0, 1, 2, etc.) appear instead of XYZ axes, which would be what it should, since although each motor corresponds to a joint I need handle axes, I cannot do Homing to joint 1 and 2 separately since they are only the Y axis.

How do I solve this dilemma so that Y and Y1 are separate joints, as they really are, but that are shown and can handle as a single Y axis, how are they really too?

More
23 Aug 2019 12:52 #142947 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic moving problem
In 2.8 and 2.9 with tandem homing, do not jog the machine before homing as it will be in joint mode so Y1 in your case will jog with pgup/pgdown buttons, insead of Z axis, causing the gatry to bend.
Set a low home_search_velocity until you get homing properly set, then change that to something faster.
After homing you can jog as usuall.

More
23 Aug 2019 17:49 #142987 by RoberCNC
so with what you say and if I have drawn a correct conclusion from what I am reading it is as simple as adding the "Home_sequence" section within each of the joints in the INI file of the configuration created with the Y tandem and the two assigned to the duplicated axis put -1 which will create me the Home all axis button, will move both simultaneously, and will give me an interface with XYZ after the cycle, the only thing that forces me to always start the machine with Homing.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds