Computer cases with space for EMC2 cards

More
21 Dec 2011 13:22 #15928 by andypugh
Sorry, I miss-parsed "5i2x" into "5i25", You are right, 5i23 for example is full height, but not full-width.

If you are in Germany you might be interested in
www.mesanet.eu, and www.cnc-ready.at
(though cnc-ready seems to not work right now)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2011 05:45 #15934 by wizard69
I'm also researching my first build and haven't decides yet on housings for the electronics.

sgs wrote:

Thanks for your response.

Is it also possible to mount the MESA cards in a normal 19-inch Rackmount Chassis ?

You can mount just about anything you want in a rack mountable case. This assumes buying a case of proper size.

I think a 1U (maybe even 0,5U) or a 2U should leave plenty of space when using only a mini-ITX board in it.
For example something like this: www.idotpc.com/TheStore/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=148

Mesa unfortunately doesn't supply any information how to mount their hardware anywhere, you can just see the mounting holes on the pictures (but not dimensions)

Yeah I'm not please with Mesa's web site nor the documentation there. What you will find is that some Manuals do hae dimensions for board mounting while others don't. So you need too download every manual to find out which manual has info and which doesn't.

It seems that there is not really hardware available that allows mounting all the hardware without having to modify the case / chassis manually?

This is the world of industrial electronics. Your only option would be to go with a system built with a backplane technology like VME or one of the newer busses. This is not a cheap approach.

Best regards.

The common approach when building industrial control panels is to bolt components to a panel plate that will reside in a panel box or mount them on a DIN rail. Yes this takes a bit of time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds