Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
08 Oct 2022 07:29 #253737 by MX_Master
We have 4 debug pins on the PCB, we are using only 3 (clk, io, gnd), what is for the last pin? The old NVEM board uses this last pin as 3.3V power source. New board can't be powered using this pin. So, maybe this uses for something special.

I still can't use the solder station at the moment. Can't make a wiring scheme.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2022 22:20 #253779 by scotta
It's connected to the voltage supervisor manual reset. The open solder pads a suspect are for the reset pin. Maybe part of their programming sequence to be able to reset the board..

forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828-rem...ard?start=460#252536

More
09 Oct 2022 02:56 #253799 by MX_Master
Maybe the fourth pin it's a key to unlock the debug features :) For example, stlink STM chip was locked for debugging and only connection under reset helped me to reflash it.

More
11 Oct 2022 10:25 #253948 by Capper
i'm back ,
had to do some uni-stuff, so i didn't find the time to check until the last weekend. 

Scotta's guess that there must be a problem with the communication, turned out to be true.
I've Reinstalled Linuxcnc with the version 2.8.4.1 -[gb-something], erased the chip and reinstalled the Firmware.
Now i can move at least two of the three axis.

The thrid axis just doing "something". Looks like the stepsignal isn't right. The DRO moves, but the motor just doing a few (uneven) steps from time to time and without any recognizable pattern. So i end up with an DRO giving me 200mm but in reality the motor just did a few steps.

I've checked the steppercards (DM556) and they are all fine and work properly at the X and Y ports. So i thought (maybe) something is wrong with that port and changed the Z-axis to different ports. Turned out, All ports except the X and Y produce the same problem.

Any suggestions where to look at ? Maybe the 5V für the pins ? 

More
11 Oct 2022 16:10 #253967 by Capper
nevermind... resoldered the pads and it works all fine. I guess i might broke them while pulling the board out of the case 

More
14 Oct 2022 10:29 #254107 by zopf
Thank you
Will Remora work with a EC300 with NVMPG for a 5 Axis Router.
best regards Dieter

More
14 Oct 2022 21:23 #254135 by scotta

Thank you
Will Remora work with a EC300 with NVMPG for a 5 Axis Router.
best regards Dieter

Hi Dieter, 

The new NVEM and EC300 support is in development at the moment. Please stay tuned regarding developments.

More
14 Oct 2022 21:33 - 14 Oct 2022 21:36 #254137 by scotta
Some small glimmers of hope. I've been trying to get a simple Hello World program to load and debug in RAM to test the tool chain. I got an openOCD setup "working" within MCUXpressoIDE, it would load the program but not be able to debug as the boot loader still jumped off into the program in flash....

I stumbled across a post using a CMSIS-DAP probe with the built in LinkServer within MCUXpressoIDE. As simple as changing the debug profile and bang, super fast connection and full debugging :-) So obviously something wrong in my openOCD config scripts.

This is with an ST-Link V2 converted to a CMSIS-DAP. Next step will be to do the same but linking the program into the Flash and setting up the QSPI Flash Driver. Fingers crossed there is nothing in the eFuses that stops this from working.

Yesterday I also had 2, yes 2 of the J-OB V2 arrive. The first one didn't ship for ages to I tried to cancel and ordered another from a different seller.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32937765384.html...eLogUid=OEgkQToMhGtF

This J-OB v2 successfully connected to the board with the Segger software complaining about the clone device etc.
Last edit: 14 Oct 2022 21:36 by scotta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MX_Master

More
15 Oct 2022 06:16 #254152 by MX_Master

www.aliexpress.com/item/32937765384.html

This J-OB v2 successfully connected to the board with the Segger software complaining about the clone device etc.

So.. Are you recommend to by this J-OB clone?

More
15 Oct 2022 20:08 - 15 Oct 2022 23:23 #254192 by scotta
No recommendations just yet, just that it connected. I still need to play with it some more. A DAPlink with custom drag and drop firmware would be the ultimate open source solution for people to flash. But I can't get a stable version working.

EDIT: Tried to read the FLASH today with the J-Link OB v2 without success. "ERROR: Can not read register 15 (R15) while CPU is running" etc. Things are never simple.... :-(
Last edit: 15 Oct 2022 23:23 by scotta.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds