Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

More
02 Oct 2022 18:39 #253276 by widder

yes, i am using the NVEM-basic-configuration from youre github. As you mentioned, my plan was to take this as an example for further adjustments.

That error occures every time the software tryes to move the Motors (not only while jogging). After that error i have to reinitiate the machine.

By turning down the feedspeed to ~0.9mm/min, i could observe that the pos_cmd seems to count up until it reaches the FERROR-value from the config.

My setup constist out of the NVEM with one Stepperdriver (DM422 without feedback) attached to the x-axis. Endstops and other stuff are detached.
Instead of an raspberry i am running an Desktop-PC with the Linuxcnc-Debian10 (Buster) version you can find here in the forum.

could it be possible, that the communication between NVEM and linuxcnc has any problems? I had to set the static IP via "/etc/network/interfaces" instead of the "etc/dhcpcd.conf", like you've done in the video.

if there are any logs needed, just let me know.

Edit:

This board is about 4 Years old btw. There are clearly differences in the layout between yours and mine.

Don't think this really matters but who knows.

Also, i have to withdraw my statement, where I've said the inputs can be observed. Checked it and it's not the case.

So, after uploading the Basic-configuration.txt (successfully), with x,y,z Motors and  and several Inputpins (Input 3 & 4)
i am not able to get any feedback at all.

Hello, I've been following the project for a long time and I think it's very good.
Installed everything according to the video tutorial (Remora NVEM Getting Started).
Unfortunately, as with "Capper" is an
error message no feedback.
Controller board is NVEM V2
I would be grateful for any help

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2022 20:04 #253278 by scotta
Does this occur when you do a full chip erase and reflash the board and NOT uploading a config? The build in config should work.

More
02 Oct 2022 20:11 #253279 by scotta

In some cases SPI flash can be not readable/writable when it soldered to the PCB. In this cases we must to solder it out. But I have a feeling that SPI flash is encrypted and the bootloader stores the keys for the decryption. Bootloader must be not readable (due to copyright purposes). So going by the SPI flash way can be a bad idea.

By the way, we have a button on the PCB. I guess it makes something with a boot sequence. When the ST-Link is connected and the button is pressed on boot, additional LED is lighting. In other cases this LED is off (see the photos).

A magic "IC" chip is also here (see the photos).

I had a play with the EC300 yesterday. The push button definitely does something with the boot mode. Good news is I got my ST-Link flashed with custom DAPlink code to connect with openOCD to the board. The DAPlink is recognised by the NXP-MCUBootUtility but it fails to connect. I do have an issue with the code in the DAPlink though as it's throwing an ASSERT error for drag-and-drop. This was a really quick test to see if I could get it to compile ok, but I was using Hyperflash code which may be the cause of the error. Step-by-step...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MX_Master

More
02 Oct 2022 20:25 #253281 by tommylight

shop.lerdge.com/products/adapter-module  for the stepper driver headers and external stepper drives

I would have said "even better get the tb67s109 step stick drives, they can do 3.5A at 1/32 microsteppins and have plenty of protections", but apparently they are all but extinct. I have 2 of those in use on a 3d printer and 24 on other machines, they are very good for very cheap drives, certainly much better than TB6600 and the one before it. At one point in time they were 3.5$ a piece!

More
03 Oct 2022 04:32 #253309 by scotta
epineh was kind enough to send me down his NVEM and donated a couple of ST-Links to get me up and going again. A big thanks!

I've got the NVEM connected via DAPlink as well.

openOCD config for the board is
# NXP i.MX RT1050 family (Arm Cortex-M7 @ 600 MHz)
#

if { [info exists CHIPNAME] } {
        set _CHIPNAME $CHIPNAME
} else {
        set _CHIPNAME imxrt1050
}

source [find target/swj-dp.tcl]

if { [info exists CPU_SWD_TAPID] } {
        set _CPU_SWD_TAPID $CPU_SWD_TAPID
} else {
        set _CPU_SWD_TAPID 0x0bd11477
}

if { [using_jtag] } {
        set _CPU_TAPID 0
} else {
        set _CPU_TAPID $_CPU_SWD_TAPID
}

swj_newdap $_CHIPNAME cpu -irlen 4 -expected-id $_CPU_TAPID

set _TARGETNAME $_CHIPNAME
dap create $_TARGETNAME.dap -chain-position $_TARGETNAME.cpu
target create $_TARGETNAME cortex_m -dap $_TARGETNAME.dap

if { ![using_hla] } {
        cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
}

gdb_breakpoint_override hard

adapter speed 1000
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MX_Master

More
03 Oct 2022 05:26 #253312 by widder
Hello scotta, thanks for the quick message.
The chip was completely erased.
Only the firmware was uploaded (the configuration file was not overwritten).
Remora-eth connection is good.
The test returns the error (motion error).
I don't get any feedback from NVEM controller board.

More
03 Oct 2022 06:15 - 03 Oct 2022 12:00 #253313 by MX_Master
Here is one more option to connect to the RT1052 - i.MX RT Flashloader. Available on the nxp.com and fully documented :) 
Last edit: 03 Oct 2022 12:00 by MX_Master.

More
03 Oct 2022 13:30 #253349 by zopf
Hallo
Ich habe ein Nvem v2 bestellt und einen Nvem v5 erhalten.
Der Prozessor ist ein MIMXRT 1052.
Meine Frage ist ob es möglich ist
Remora ohne Änderungen zu flashen.
Vielen Dank
Dieter

More
03 Oct 2022 22:18 #253389 by scotta
Unfortunately, not yet. Work to support the RT1052 chip has only just started.

More
07 Oct 2022 21:02 #253716 by scotta

Here is one more option to connect to the RT1052 - i.MX RT Flashloader. Available on the nxp.com and fully documented :) 

Some more research, Flashloader and MCUBootUtility rely on the Serial Download mode through UART / USB when the board is booted in that mode by pulling Boot 0 pin high. I thought that the push button would serve this purpose. I've tried to get a response from the board through the RS232 serial port without success. This mode does rely on the default pins (pads) for the UART to be used, but we have no way of telling the connections without removing the RT1050. 

If the board has been configured this way this would be the most straight forward way to program the board as all is needed is a USB to RS232 adaptor. There is a second serial port for the MPG which I did not try.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds